Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michellefergie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2008, 01:47 PM
    Cats eye is squinting
    Hi my cat is a very affectionate, talkative social one, she loves to sit on my lap and walk around meowing and being in the same room as me and my husband, but lately she has been hiding under the bed, its hard to get her to even come out for a treat, she usually will come when you call her name or shake the treat bottle, but now I have to go to the bed and give it to her under there, she will come out about 2 feet then go back under, this has been happening for two days now and I am becoming very concerned, its not like her at all she's only about 1-1/2 yrs old I just don't get why she would be under there, she can't be pregnant cause her and her brother are from the spca and they spade and neuter them... so what could it be, I know she still goes to her food and eats I have seen her in the litter box so she's still going, she also has one of her eyes squinting a lot, with goup coming out in the inner corner, I tried looking in it but I see nothing no hair or scratch or anything, any help would be greatly appreciated, the vets is closed today and tomorrow but we are going to make an appointment on Monday but just to let me have some ease knowing that this isn't something terrible will help, I see my animals as my family, like kids and it makes me very nervous that she doesn't seem well
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2008, 02:47 PM
    I'd say that she has an upper respiratory tract infection. In other words, kitty has a cold. It could be allergies, but that's less likely. As long as she's still eating, drinking, and eliminating, Monday should be fine for the vet. You could give them a call to get their opinion on if it's an emergency, if you really feel like it.
    MEDIstaff4u Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 12:41 AM
    I agree with froggy, sounds like she is just feeling vulnerable right now. She is trying to stay in a safe place.

You're cat shouldn't have any problems other than socially, she's eating, drinking, using potty, and EVEN eating treats. Sounds like she isn't too close to dying, just make sure u get her in as soon as possible. And watch for any changes other than the noted behaviors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cats not getting along. [ 2 Answers ]

I have currently 3 cats the first cat named Kaylee has one son living with us and in the past year I adopted over 9 strays but found homes for all but one. Her name is Frankie she is a great companion. My famle Kaylee is awful to the stray. All Frankie does now is hide under my bed. Is there...

My new female cats hates all my male cats! [ 3 Answers ]

I just got a new female cat but she is like a year old, all my male cats like her and want to see her buy she just starts hissing at them and they get away... I want them to get along but I don't know how... I have 4 males one is a year old , the othere one is 5 months and the other 2 are 2...

Cats not getting along [ 3 Answers ]

I have just got a large male rescue cat, and for the past 4 weeks, my existing cat has hidden in her bed, not interested at all in food or getting any cuddles from us. I am worried they won't get on ever. I could separate their food as I did when he first moved in, but the rescue cat just goes...

Too many cats? [ 8 Answers ]

My significant other moved into my place with me last year. I already had 5 cats. They are all cats I found on the street and adopted. Hey, I was single! When he moved in, he had a cat of his own plus his step-mom gave us another cat last year. So now we have 7. We do not plan on taking in...

Cats Eye [ 8 Answers ]

This morning my cat was lying in bed with me. I put her out while my husband was taking a shower because she has a fascination with water she actually loves it... After he was done with his shower he went into the living room to leave for work and my kitten came back in the bedroom with me. I...

View more questions Search