Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dccc5102 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2008, 12:56 PM
    All receptacles quit working, & bathroom switch, changed breaker, still no power.
    We were vacuuming master bedroom, and all of sudden all the receptacles went out, bathroom also and light switch. I got my tester, checked receptacles and get low light when bathroom switch is on, and when I turn the bathroom switch to off the tester shows I have no power to receptacles. I replaced the breaker in the main breaker box with a new one because I thought that might be the problem, still no power. Can you help me, or any suggestions. :confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 31, 2008, 01:26 PM
    Did you use your tester at the breaker and check the power before and after the breaker?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 31, 2008, 06:15 PM
    Do you have a GFI in the Bath? Reset?
    Also some breakers will trip but not "Throw", light pressure may reveal tripped breaker.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaker Amps vs receptacles [ 7 Answers ]

All of the receptacles and switches in my house are 15 Amp. I recently had a new 200 Amp breaker box installed. All of the breakers are 20 Amps for these circuits. Do I have a problem?

Central Heat Unit quit working after power outage [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Coleman gas powered central heat unit in a mobile home. It was working fine then we had an ice storm and lost power. Power is back on but furnace will not work. I have double checked the breaker switch and the pilot it still lit. The air conditioning part of the unit seems to be...

Receptacles not working [ 1 Answers ]

I hope that someone will be able to provide some additional steps to take to investigate the cause of my problem. My house was built in the 1950's, and has two panel boxes, one fuse box for the original, older portion of the house and a circuit breaker box for the addition and remodeled portion....

20amp circuit breaker, 15 amp receptacles [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 20amp circuit breaker with 15 amp receptacles and light switches on #12 wire with a load of 1700, is this allowable? If not, and I change to a 15 amp circuit breaker, is the 1440 watt safety load in the code or is it a non-code safety suggestion?

Ceiling fan and bedroom/bathroom lights quit working [ 5 Answers ]

I was changing a light bulb in my ceiling fan and my bedroom and bathroom lights and ceiling fan quit working. I checked the breakers and nothing was tripped. I reset the breakers anyway and it is still not working. Do I need to check the wiring and if so, what do I check for?

View more questions Search