Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    YuriMiko1514 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2008, 11:13 AM
    Lump in right knee
    Hi, I am a 17 year old female and I have a small hard lump in my right knee inside of my leg. It is a little bit right to the right kneecap. It is like the size of a small marble ball, maybe smaller. It doesn't show but you can easily feel it moving around when I bend my knee slowly. It doesn't give me pain. I have this for quite awhile. I have never had surgery or any damage to my leg. I noticed that my friend has the same thing on the same place but her's does not move around like mine. What could it be? Do I have to worry about it?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 31, 2008, 02:05 PM
    I had the same thing. And strangely enough it was when I was 17/18. The doctor told me it was a cyst. Nothing to worry about. The inserted a needle, and drained it of the fluid. That was that. It didn't hurt, and it moved around a whole bunch.
    JayJay86 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2008, 07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by YuriMiko1514
    Hi, I am a 17 year old female and I have a small hard lump in my right knee inside of my leg. It is a little bit right to the right kneecap. It is like the size of a small marble ball, maybe smaller. It doesn't show but you can easily feel it moving around when I bend my knee slowly. It doesn't give me pain. I have this for quite awhile. I have never had surgery or any damage to my leg. I noticed that my friend has the same thing on the same place but her's does not move around like mine. What could it be? Do I have to worry about it?
    To start with go to your DR and book an appt with the Orthopedic Dept at your local Hospital, it could be a cyst as is already said but may also be a Meniscus Tear, which is a tear of the cartilage in between the patella and tibia. This is very common and can happen at any time through wear and tear or knee injury. It is it is nothing to be worried about and can be fixed via 1 one 2 different operations. They are both very quick and easy and usually done via keyhole surger, (a small cut about 1cm) the first option is it repaired and repositioned, the second is it is removed. Although it may not hurt it is best to get it checked as in later life it could cause some problems. Recovery time is also quite quick
    bosanceros Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2009, 12:07 AM

FYI... I am having the same thing, I have the pain, etc. I went to ER and they said its nothing, BS. So they suggested to put ice, which did not work, but I did opposite, I applied something warm on it, which helped me. And I noticed if I run 1.5 a day it stops hurting. It works for me.
    corecut0123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2011, 08:05 AM
    Maybe it is ganglionic

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lump growing out of knee [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lump growing out of my inner right knee and it is very painfull to walk or even to stond up , what is causing this and can it be cured?

Lump on inside of leg on my knee [ 2 Answers ]

I play a lot of soccer and last may I went in for a tackle and hurt my knee at first the pain seem to be inside the knee and I couldn't bend my leg I didn't go to the docs because I thought it would get better on its own which it has to a certain extent I can bend it now but I've just started...

Lump on knee [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lump on the outer of my left knee. My GP says it's the jelly stuff that surrounds the joint that has come away I had an x-ray which didn't show anything. I don't want to keep taking pills my GP says that nothing can be done. Its very painfull when I have walked for a while or driven....

View more questions Search