Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    achampio21 Posts: 220, Reputation: 15

May 31, 2008, 11:42 AM
    Where did his body go?
    If Jesus was born to a human woman and lived as a human and then died and was then of spirit... where did his body go? If anyone else died and left their body behind it would take years to decompose... so where is Jesus' body...
    kashumz Posts: 137, Reputation: 4

May 31, 2008, 11:50 AM
    That was almost 2,000 years ago. It would have been decomposed by now..
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2008, 11:56 AM
    Champ,
    I believe Jesus(alaihi salaam) did not die but was taken to Heaven,he will return before this world ends.
    He will live and die like any other human being,which would confirm that he was not God nor divine in anyway,a special human chosen by the Almighty to be a Messenger.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 31, 2008, 12:10 PM
    In the Christian faith, he rose from the dead, so his body also rose.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

May 31, 2008, 05:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by achampio21
    If Jesus was born to a human woman and lived as a human and then died and was then of spirit... where did his body go? If anyone else died and left their body behind it would take years to decompose... so where is Jesus' body...
    As Chuck posted : the christian faith has an answer to that, based on their belief.
    However, as this is not the Christianity board, every other belief or view is here just as valid, be that based on belief in the Unicorn, the Spaghetti Monster, or whatever else someone wants to believe or disbelieve.
    There are no remains of Jesus left in any way. There are even serious doubts if a person called Jesus ever existed. Some even suggest that Jesus' existence is entirely based on myth and belief only. Whatever is true : just as Jesus' birth is based on rather debateble claims, so are his (untraceable) remains. How conveniant !

Draw your own conclusions...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 31, 2008, 06:44 PM
    And to be honest what happened to his body is about the least of the issues of faith and belief within Chrsitianity, Since even if he body had remained, it would be gone now, as any body of that time frame.
    What one has is the writings of several of his followers that they saw him after his death.
    -

May 31, 2008, 07:36 PM
    Chuck is as a Christian partially right to state that what happened to Jesus' body is (for him) "about the least of the issues of faith and beleif within Chrsitianity" .

But for many others this well may be a total different matter, and therefore the question posted is a fair one.
    And as I stated earlier, "there are no remains of Jesus left in any way. There are even serious doubts if a person called Jesus ever existed. Some even suggest that Jesus' existence is entirely based on myth and belief only. Whatever is true : just as Jesus' birth is based on rather debateble claims, so are his (untraceable) remains. How conveniant !"

So better draw your own conclusions from that...

;)
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 31, 2008, 08:35 PM
    Each religion teaches something different. As Credendovidis has stated it all depends on your own belief and your own conclusions.

For me personally, He was taken up to heaven. His body appeared to witnesses after his death with the wounds of the cruxification.
    -

Jun 1, 2008, 05:48 AM
    Jesushelper76's view on this is a reply from a Christian perspective , and is based on - as he confirms himself - his Christian belief.

The non-religious facts are that Jesus's origins are highly questionable, with his father being claimed to be the Christian god, and his mother being a "virgin" till his own birth, his many "miracles"performed during his life, and his disappearance to heaven after death. And not one single iota of supported evidence for any of all these claims exists.

I respect what people believe in. However, belief is no objective support for any of the many claims on which Jesus' features and heritage are based.

The question was : "Where did his (Jesus) body go?"
    The answer to that question can only be : "I believe that Jesus body ........" (and fill in whatever you believe).
    If achampio21 expects some detailed information on a location, supported by some objective evidence, he is asking for the impossible.
    :)

Jun 1, 2008, 03:55 PM
    Okay. I believe in a higher power I call that higher power God. I believe that we were created somehow by God. Because even if science proves that every single living thing that exists today evolved from one tiny speck of dirt someone or something had to put that tiny speck of dirt here it didn't just appear out of nowhere. But with that said my doubts come in when the bible is brought up. Because let's say that God created the universe and all the living things in it and then created Adam and Eve. Okay fine a and dandy. BUT man created the bible. Not God. And the very bible itself says that man is of sin and can only be cleansed by having faith in God. And we all know that popes and priests and preachers and reverands who claim to be of God or whoever lie to their wives cheat on their wives molest kids and murder people and various other horrible things. So even the MOST highly acclaimed christians, Catholics and so on are lower than dirt. And also MAN created churches, not God. And if you look into most churches they basically run everything off money from members or the gov. Including their own houses, utilities and vehicles and groceries. Because most of them do not have other jobs where they receive income. So... I have HUGE doubts in a book that was written by MAN that basically tells me that I have to give ten percent of my earnings to the church or I am not a good christian when the bible states that I can be forgiven and go to heaven if I just ask God to forgive me and believe in Jesus. Adam and Eve did not have to pay the city for a marriage license or pay a preacher to marry them they just were married and so where the thousands after them. Religion itself was created by man. Everyone believes a different way. And each reliegion has it's own "bible" and "laws" if you may of it's own. But from my small amount of research Most of those laws require people such as myself to give and give and give and the only thing I get is the promise of streets of gold and kissing Jesus's face. But in the meantime the preacher of the church that I am giving to is driving a mercades and living in a 200 thousand dollar house and getting hair implants. While I am struggling to pay my bills and feed my kids and you know what that man will tell me when I come to him with my problems... We will have the church pray for you and have faith my child it will get better...

So you can see why I am very sceptical of a man written book faith that seems like the poetry scams right off the internet.

And the other thing that I find simply amazing is the people that say God gave us the intellegence to use science to find cures and make cars and television and blah blah blah but in reality WHY THE HELL WOULD GOD GIVE US INTELLEGENCE TO MAKE STUFF THAT DESTROYS WHAT HE MADE?? Seems kind of stupid to me.

Give me your ideas...

Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    If achampio21 expects some detailed information on a location, supported by some objective evidence, he is asking for the impossible.
    :)

I am a she by the way:) But I am not sking for proof just thoughts! I and everyone else believe differently and I am just a curious person that wants to know everyone else's views!

Thank you for the responses!! I enjoy this so very much!!
    -

Jun 1, 2008, 05:41 PM
    ... I am not sking for proof just thoughts!! I and everyone else believe differently and I am just a curious person that wants to know everyone elses views!
    Sorry dear for calling you a "he". Humble apologies hereby offered! :)

As to your new point : the problem is that people only reply to such fundamental questions from their own worldview. A Christian will reply as per his or her Christian views, just as a Muslim will reply as per Muslim views, a Jew as per Jewish views, and a Secular Humanist as per humanistic views.

Personally I like your position. You accept and believe in a higher power, but without any linking to any human created religion or church organisation. You are therefore a deist.
    A sound decision that excludes all that religious squabbling about who believes "correctly" and has "the one and only truth".
    The only problem is that your acceptance of a higher power on itself is also a submission to something for which there is no objective supporting evidence, but is based on some human created "god". Just one more step, and you are a true humanist also...

As to your point "God gave us the intelligence to use ..." :
    If there is a God, and that god gave that to humanity, than he/she would like us to use that capacity to the fullest, and exclude niches involving deities and worshipping of deities, while perhaps exclude the capacity to hurt others in any possible way.

The reality of life is that intelligence came with our need to be better and smarter , and to have an edge on others, and gain from that capacity, and therefore to use that intelligence at the expense of others. Humans are just smart apes, with a thin layer of ethical veneer that is only microns thick. That is why there are wars, hurt, and pain.
    Your "American dream" is based on that edge to be better than others, and lift yourself above the average.

For me that shows that deities do not exist, but it is up to everyone to draw his or her own decision!

;)

Jun 2, 2008, 09:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    Personally I like your position. You accept and believe in a higher power, but without any linking to any human created religion or church organisation. You are therefore a deist.
    A sound decision that excludes all that religious squabbling about who believes "correctly" and has "the one and only truth".
    The only problem is that your acceptance of a higher power on itself is also a submission to something for which there is no objective supporting evidence, but is based on some human created "god". Just one more step, and you are a true humanist also ...
    ;)

I guess I never really thought of me believing in a higher power being because society has created that belief. But I do see your point. If the thought of a higher power had never been planted into my mind would I have ever believed in it?. I doubt it.. but I also have these two things that make me a firm believer in a higher power...

Do you feel emotion? Love, joy, sadness, pain... Yes of course you do. If not then I am very sorry:) But my point is this what proof is there of emotion other than feeling? NONE! There is proof of REACTIONS to feelings but none of feelings themselves. So I ask you how do you know are happy? You FEEL it. How do you know you are sad? Because you FEEL it.

Also my other is the fact that I have given birth to 3 beautiful children. And I realize that sperm and egg join together and then the fertilized egg attaches itself to the uterus and so then begins the process of new life... but after the nine months is over and the mood swings and the hard labor and the pushing is over I was OVERWHELMED with such an intense feeling of... I can't even give it a title because it can't be described. I mean holding a baby that grew inside my very own body and is alive only because I fed him/her and basically allowed him/her to live was so amazing that I don't think I could EVER doubt some higher power. I mean do you really think I as a woman who has given birth 3 times could credit a mere man with that kind of amazing power!! ( no offense intended :))

But yes I agree with your thoughts. I have no idea what the definition of a deist or humanist is.. if you care to take the time to enlighten me I would be delighted. But I think how I think and I am always open to others ideas!!
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2008, 09:58 AM
    Also my other is the fact that I have given birth to 3 beautiful children. And I realize that sperm and egg join together and then the fertilized egg attaches itself to the uterus and so then begins the process of new life... but after the nine months is over and the mood swings and the hard labor and the pushing is over I was OVERWHELMED with such an intense feeling of ... I can't even give it a title because it can't be described. I mean holding a baby that grew inside my very own body and is alive only because I fed him/her and basically allowed him/her to live was so amazing that I don't think I could EVER doubt some higher power. I mean do you really think I as a woman who has given birth 3 times could credit a mere man with that kind of amazing power!!!! ( no offense intended :))
    That was beautiful!
    I just had to tell you that was a beautiful thought.:)

Mere man cannot accomplish such feats without an Almighty.:)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2008, 10:05 AM
    Also my other is the fact that I have given birth to 3 beautiful children. And I realize that sperm and egg join together and then the fertilized egg attaches itself to the uterus and so then begins the process of new life... but after the nine months is over and the mood swings and the hard labor and the pushing is over I was OVERWHELMED with such an intense feeling of ... I can't even give it a title because it can't be described. I mean holding a baby that grew inside my very own body and is alive only because I fed him/her and basically allowed him/her to live was so amazing that I don't think I could EVER doubt some higher power.
    I'm a guy, we have 2 children, I have the same feelings for my children as you do. I'm atheist by the way so in my case it has nothing to do with religion. It has everything to do with loving my kids.

Jun 2, 2008, 10:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    I'm a guy, we have 2 children, I have the same feelings for my children as you do. I'm atheist by the way so in my case it has nothing to do with religion. It has everything to do with loving my kids.
    First of all I meant no affense to "men" in particular. Simply mankind as a whole.

And I don't know much about atheist except that they don't believe in a "god". But my question is this...

If you don't believe in a higher power, and like I said I am not familiar with your belief, then how do you believe is the way in how we got here? I am simply curious.

And I have no doubt that you love your kids, I was simply stating that in my own PERSONAL experience it made me believe even more in my God. You believe how you want.

Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    That was beautiful!
    I just had to tell you that was a beautiful thought.:)

Mere man cannot accomplish such feats without an Almighty.:)
    Thank you firmbeliever. It was a moment of tears, laughter, pain, and pretty much every single emotion you could ever feel that is good wrapped up into one amazing moment. That's about the best description I can give it.
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2008, 10:31 AM
    If you don't believe in a higher power, and like I said I am not familiar with your belief, then how do you believe is the way in how we got here? I am simply curious.
    Other than my parents made me, I don't think about some guy in the sky waving his hand and all life appeared. I don't sit around and wonder where we all came from, I go out and live life and share living with others. Life isn't that complicated in my world; I control my life. :)

Jun 2, 2008, 10:40 AM
    Interesting.

Then I am curious. If you believe that YOU control your own life, how do cope when a tornado that YOU didn't create rips your house to shreds?
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2008, 10:50 AM
    That's weather related: cold fronts, warm fronts, high pressure, low pressure. Do you think every breath of wind is generated by a god?

Jun 2, 2008, 10:52 AM
    Look. I am not being a sarcastic a**. I am seriously curious about what others think!
    I did a Google search on religions and found over 50 different types of religions! I found out that there is even a "religion' called Hellinism! I mean for crying out loud how many different kinds of religion are there!! And I am extremely curious in those that don't believe in a higher power because I want to know how they think is the way that life was started!

Because just like needkarma did they avoid my question and give a generalized statement that is degrading to my own belief when I was NEVER degrading to theirs!

Either people are EXTREMELY sensitive on this topic or they don't even know what they believe and don't want to talk about it because they themselves are confused.!

I feel like I am asking the parent of a raped little boy to tell me all the gory details!!

If you truly believe in it then why is it soo damn hard to talk about it!!!!!!!
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2008, 10:54 AM
    I'm not sure what set you off here. I simply answered your question. I never degraded your belief.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

A guy who wants me for my body,not me [ 22 Answers ]

Hi um there is this guy who really likes me but always asks about my sexuality and stuff.he always asked me to wear a low cut shirt to c my boobs! Its really gross and weird,I mean,I'm only 12! Also,he's dating another girl? What shood I say to him to make him stop?:confused:

My body [ 1 Answers ]

I am 18 years old, 6 feet 4 inches tall and I weigh 13 stone. That is not a lot at my height but I'm not really skinny in my opinion. I want to build my body to weigh about 16 stone and it be mostly muscle! I do 50 situps every night and eat 3 meals a day and junk in between I intake more then...

What could be going on with my body? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I'm 29 and I have a ? I'm not sure what's going on with my body... I have very tender and swollen breasts, my nipples have white dots on them and if squeezed a whitish liquid comes out , slight headaches, moody I get mad and sad at a drop of a hat, I can't sleep on my stomach , it hurts even...

Body art [ 1 Answers ]

Tattoo I want a tatooing. My work is docter. Is anything affect on my work.

Any body there? [ 2 Answers ]

When I got a yellowish discharge its was a feshy odor.. but after two month the yellowish discharge still there but the smeel is gone... please help me... what's shloud I take?

View more questions Search