Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DarkAssassin1323 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2006, 09:19 PM
    Hair Color Change over the years
    As I've grown older, my hair color has changed noticeably. When I was a little kid, my hair was very blonde, however as I've grown older, my hair color has changed to a much more brown-ish color. It doesn't bother me, its just something I've always been curious about. Is it genetic or some external factor that causes it?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2006, 08:39 AM
    Hi,
    Hair color is associated with Melanin, a body chemical. Here is a link:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_color

Usually, this is genetic, or inherited from somewhere along the family lines.
    My wife's hair, at early age, was reddish. When she was 18, it was black, naturally.
    My own hair, at 33, started changing to a grayish color, then at 50, almost back to dark brown.
    The website I gave is interesting. I wish you the best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

How to take out hair color [ 6 Answers ]

I dyed my hair black and I want to go back to my natural color without going to salon and doing it and I'm wondering what the best way is to take the color out

Change in Hair Color [ 7 Answers ]

My cousin just passed away in May 2004. He was 34 years old. Didn't smoke or do drugs, and was a very active individual. An autopsy was performed (not all results are in). What we have been told thus far is, he died from an enlarged heart, blocked artery and was morbid obese. My question is,...

Hair color [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter tried to bleach her hair about 2 weeks ago, when can we dye it a darker color?

Change font color in outlook express email [ 0 Answers ]

My Outlook Express will not let me change font color. Can you please help? Otto Greer [email protected]

View more questions Search