Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

May 30, 2008, 09:48 PM
    Moving on?
    This is another post about my friend, the boy crazy one. Everything was fine for a while, but now everything is tense again. I hadn't talked to her for a while because I was going through some family stuff and I needed time to get my head together. So recently I texted her and asked her to hang out and she said she would try to figure something out. She texted me later and asked what I was doing Sunday. I told her that my sister had a track meet that day, but after that I'm free. She said she was frustrated because she was trying to make everyone happy and that her newest boy had asked her to hang out that same day. I pointed out to her that she'd seen him almost every day this week and she flipped. Saying that I always get mad at her and that I was mad at her then (wasn't). We've had this talk before, that I'm not jealous of her current boy, but that I'd like it if we could hang out without him always being there.

I just want to give up, but I'm sad because I've lost my best friend. But I also feel like we're going separate ways because I'm going to college and she's working at walgreens. She's smokes all the time, drinks all the time, always needs a boyfriend, not going to college, barely graduated. I don't respect her anymore, and it's hard not to show it.

Part of it is that I've always been a loner. I'm satisfied with my number of friends and I love my family, but I feel pressured, like I should have more.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 30, 2008, 11:33 PM
    I think if she can't take time out for you, then you are better off without her. Good friends don't blow their friends off for a guy. She will most likely regret not keeping you as a friend when she really needs you. I realize that you will probably miss her for awhile, but I don't think she is a true friend to you, when it comes right down to it. That sucks, but if she is willing to spend all her time with boy after boy, and dump you every time she finds someone new, then she just isn't being a good friend to begin with!

You will meet some new people in college, and you will probably look back and ask yourself why you invested so much time in someone that was willing, quite readily, to run after a boy. I think you need to find some new friends in College, and let her be boy crazy and see how that works for her! Chances are, she will still be working at Walgreens, and you will have a good education, and not let your friendships go by the wayside for some random boy!

Good Luck to you in College girl! Go out and meet some new friends that don't need to spend their every waking moment with a boy. Trust me, you will be better off, and YOU WILL meet friends that care about your feelings. :)
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Jun 1, 2008, 08:46 PM
    Thank you:) I don't feel so anxious about it anymore.

I think I was trying to be someone I'm not. Her and her group of friends drink a lot, and a lot of them are chain-smokers. And that's just not what I want to do. Just go see a movie, or go for a hike, something normal, that doesn't involve puking lol.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moving on [ 3 Answers ]

After 30 years of marriage my wife had an 2 yr affair. I know I wasn't the best husband but I need to move on and I can't. I still love her. All I can think about is being with her or beating the hell out of her lover. My daily emotions are all over the place, love, hate, depression, foolisness and...

Moving out in USA [ 2 Answers ]

I really want to know some details about moving out in USA: when can you move out? Do we have to do something on the day we move out? ( party,permission... )do you any website to talk about it. I am living in Vietnam, a country in Asia. And to us, moving out is very rare. So I really want to know...

Moving on but moving backwards. [ 3 Answers ]

Its been over a year since me an my man split. We were together for 7 1/2 years. I don't know where we went wrong. I remember one day waking up beside him and him showing me a ring asking me to spend the rest of my life with him an that's when everything changed. We were engaged for only 3 months...

View more questions Search