Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joe B. Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2006, 04:35 PM
    Senior health plan
    I am a senior. My wife is 60. I have a 16 yr old daughter living at home.Don't have a health plan. Is there help financially for me for health care
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 3, 2006, 05:07 PM
    There are various plans. Of course as a senior ( assuming medicare age) you should be able to get medicare for yourself.

If you are not working, then you will have to find individual insurance for your family.

For example medical coverage bought from a private company for myself, my wife and our son is about 700 dollars a month for a good plan, not the best but a good plan.

There are companies that offer basic plans and plans that will pay some.
    Basically the less you pay, they less you pay. Some offer plans that offer each section as a optoin, Mega Life is one of those, normally for a premium you can afford you don't get much coverage which gives them a bad rep for not paying, but theyreally pay good on what you buy, it just depends on how much you can afford.

Your wife could look at employment that offers health insurance, many people work merely for that benefit.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2006, 09:04 AM
    Hi, Joe,
    I also am a senior, 64, and my wife isn't quite 60 yet.
    I do have healthcare, but many, many Americans don't... millions of them.
    Here in the State of VA, there are Social Services Departments in every county. They can help with answering questions such as this. Does your State, if in the US, have any type of Social Services? If so, please go talk with them, and they might be able to guide you in finding something.
    If not working, Health Care insurance is very, very expensive, if not on Medicare, as I am sure you know.
    marilynp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2007, 07:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe B.
    I am a senior. my wife is 60. I have a 16 yr old daughter living at home.Don't have a health plan. Is there help financially for me for health care
    You do have a few options. First you need to contact your local CMS office and see if you qualify for any of their services until you reach medicare age. Once you do reach this age (65), your child may be entitled to a monthly benefit because you will be of medicare age. Your wife has the option of purchasing a small medical policy for a minimal amount of money until she reaches medicare age. These policies generally cover hospital and not doctors office but hospitals have the larger bills. Your child may qualify for state health care also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Senior Health Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

I receive O.A.S. & C.P.P.(Saskatchewan,Canada) My wife is not eligible yet, We have a 16 year old daughter still living at home. I have no medical insurance. Is there anything out there for me? Thanks

Question to Senior Expert Atlanta [ 1 Answers ]

Does a Not-for-Profit Organization have to pay Income tax or any other kinds of tax? The main concern is Organization but not the employees or employers. But if there are differences, please explain. Thanks for being helpful all the time...

View more questions Search