Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sunnywootxp Posts: 103, Reputation: -2

May 30, 2008, 03:36 PM
    Cannot start my computer blue screen keep appear.
    Info : Laptop, Compaq Presario C300, Window XP Home Ed

I don't know why I didn't do anything but after the Window xp logo and waited like 30sec a appear a blue screen like this one below... it appear like 2 sec then it when back to the company logo compaq then the safe mode and normal mode etc. I clicked all of them and tried all results are the same the blue screen appear then back to the same.

Can anybody help me with this problem I have very important Doc. Inside?

Thanks A lot
    Attached Images

invisibleman_productions Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

May 30, 2008, 08:04 PM
    Did you change/upgrade your motherboard?

May 30, 2008, 09:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by invisibleman_productions
    did you change/upgrade your motherboard?
    Nope... just start appearing when I restart my PC
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

May 31, 2008, 07:28 AM
    This is from Microsoft's own support files:
    Do you have a XP CD? If so, boot into the recovery console from it
    And type the following:
    Code:
    cd system32
    cd config
    ren software software.bak
    ren system system.bak
    cd ..
    cd ..
    cd repair
    copy software c:\windows\system32\config
    copy system c:\windows\system32\config
    This restores XP to brand new. You have all data, but a fresh registry. Whatever
    You do, DON'T REBOOT UNTIL YOU'RE DONE WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING!! It will probably
    Die again.
    Even more info/detail:
    CLICK HERE >> Registry troubleshooting steps for advanced users

May 31, 2008, 11:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBeaucaire
    This is from Microsoft's own support files:

Even more info/detail:
    CLICK HERE >> Registry troubleshooting steps for advanced users
    How do I boot into the CD... and I only have a xp recovery concole cd it said it only restore to it oringial state but I want my files... so what I do now?

Thanks
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

May 31, 2008, 11:51 AM
    If you follow the instructions above or on microsofts website, it tells you how to get the console up. At the command prompt issue commands as described.

The result is XP registry is reinitiated, all you data is still there, but all the programs installed will need to be reinitialized the next time you start them, possibly even reinstalled, just to be safe.

But your data won't disappear unless start wiping out the drive.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

May 31, 2008, 06:29 PM
    I would also suggest you do a surface scan of your hard disk for errors using the hard disk manufacturer's diagnostic utility. Something corrupted the files mentioned in the blue screen message. Your hard disk may be failing.

Also see How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from starting
    Computech29 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jun 1, 2008, 08:23 PM
    Aah, The Blue Screen of death strikes again. Sounds like you have a corrupt registry my friend. Follows JBeaucaire steps above as his instructions are right on and should fix your prob.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blue Screen [ 8 Answers ]

Hello Guys.. This is my first post in this site . And I hope to keep helping and getting help from the others. A lot of times when I start using my PC specially when I play some games like war craft frozen throne.. suddenly the system crash and blue screen appear... I don`t know why! My PC is...

Windows won't start up, blue screen error c0000218 [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, When attempting to start my Compaq laptop I get a black screen saying: "Windows did not start successfully... etc" I'm given the options to start in safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, last known good config and normal mode. However, if I attempt to...

IMB T40 Laptop won't start windows XP without blue screen error. [ 5 Answers ]

I'm using a Access IBM predesktop Area computer (laptop also known as T40) with 512 RAM. It has windows XP home edition with all the updated files from Microsoft. The problem is I get a blue screen containing an error message (more details about error below). Now I know I have the options to...

Blue screen [ 1 Answers ]

Sherryj- I have had a very very similar problem to yours. As soon as I opened the box to my computer it would not start. In face it took me sever start up / shut downs to even get to the blue screen, and then after I got to the blue screen I would restart the computer one more time and then it...

Blue screen [ 1 Answers ]

When I turned off my dell inspiron b130 it was fine when I turned back on it states bad checksum. I can not access start up but I have tried to reboot and all other possibilities without any success . Do you have any suggestions this is a new laptop only about 8 months old I have had a compaq for...

View more questions Search