Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    contesten Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2008, 01:20 PM
    Want to pay for Spanish-dubbed movies with Spanish subtitles in rewindable format
    I'm trying to learn Spanish but I have a language handicap. I need Spanish-dubbed movies with IDENTICAL and SIMULTANEOUS Spanish subtitles, so I can listen and read at the same time. (Spanish subtitles often use a different translation with completely different words than the dialogue. Also, they commonly appear on screen a second or two after the dialogue is spoken. Both of these are useless to me.) I need to rewind, and listen to and read each line of the movie over and over. I'm currently recording movies on my DVD player from HBO Latino, but am not sure of the legality of this. In any event, I would like to pay SOMETHING for my usage. I don't have a lot of money, but I need a LOT of movies. Fortunately I only need to watch them once, so I'm not trying to build up a library. Any suggestions?
    FsGuy Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

May 30, 2008, 07:08 PM
    "Pans Labyrinth" and "The Orphanage" Buy for like 15 dollars a piece used at like any stores that buys and sales movies...

Man I suck at helping people... :O(
    jimking4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2009, 02:10 PM
    I'm still learning spanish (its a lifetime thing). I know what you're talking about. A suggestion would be to stick to mexican and Spanish (from spain) movies. The dialect can be harder to follow and they use terms that are real different in central and south american countries. Just till you get better at it. The other suggestion is to relax a little. Listening to a dialog that is different from the one you're reading will teach you how to say the same thing another way. It is all helping you to learn. At some point you must start thinking in Spanish. It may take some time. Also, watch the same movie more than once and don't be afraid to rewind. It' helping you learn no matter what. Take a deep breath. Tranquilizate. Disfruta la experiencia. Con el tiempo, vas a superar. Crea me que si.

Jim

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spanish Alphabet [ 11 Answers ]

When I was a kid I learned the spanish alphabet without "k" and "w", as they were just letters borrowed from foreign words. And now I have heard conflicting info regarding the letters "ll" "ch" and "rr", are they still considered letters? Or are they considered 2 letters, similar to english, such...

Do you know spanish [ 7 Answers ]

Does Anyone Know How To Say "will You Sit By Me At Lunch" "or Want To Sit By Me At Lunch" Plzplz Help

Spanish Red Wine? [ 1 Answers ]

A gal I am dating right now likes a Spanish Red Wine. I want to give her a wine bottle as gift. Could you recommend me the best Spanish Red Wine/s? I am looking for something in $30-$50 price range. AM

Spanish [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know A website were I can get the answer to my spanish workbook-Mas Pratica En Espanol-The spanish 2! Version?

View more questions Search