Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lbmeer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2008, 12:09 PM
    Proper A/c Setting
    Which is more efficient... Leaving thermostat at 75 degrees all the time or using programmable thermostat and raising temp when not home then lowering it before coming home? Won't the a/c have to work harder to cool off warmer house?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 30, 2008, 12:26 PM
    The jury has been out on that for years. You do save money with a higher setting but that comes with a decrease in comfort from the lack of humidity control.

Unless I am going to be gone for the weekend I just let mine run because during real hot weather it can take quite a while for the A/C to pull down the temperature to normal range.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Proper way to thank a Dr [ 7 Answers ]

What would be an appropriate way to thank my Dr who did a wonderful and life-changing surgery for me? I am so elated and feel an absolute need to express my gratitude. I plan to give a gift basket of candies and some other "girlie" things to his staff who are all women, and thank him separately...

Proper Temperature Setting for Home Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

What is the proper temperature to set your home thermostat during the winter? I live in North Dakota and have been having an argument with various family members. Some 72 all the time, while others say turn it down to 68 at night. Is there a "proper temperature?" Is there anyone who can give me...

Proper Thank You [ 5 Answers ]

Hello~ My 13 yr old daughters friend and family has taken her on an all expense paid 4 day trip to Disneyland including an hours air faire. They are paying for EVERYTHING including an expensive hotel stay. How do I possible thank them for this?:confused:

Proper venting [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Experts, My son and I are doing the new DWV system for our house. I have a lot of experience in doing plumbing so I'm not a novice, but I do need to make sure I am doing the venting properly (I know the vent is just as important as the drain lines) as I haven't done anything quite this...

View more questions Search