Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dannyjoe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2008, 11:30 AM
    Child support
    What is the highest legal percentage of your gross pay your ex is allowed in Massachusetts
    dannyjoe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2008, 11:31 AM
    What is the highest legal percentage of your gross pay your ex is allowed in massachusettes
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

May 30, 2008, 11:45 AM
    I believe it can be up to 65% of your disposable income (gross pay - mandatory deductions).
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2008, 12:44 PM
    Im not possitive on MA (because I haven't lived there) but in most states it also depends on how many children are involved.
    looseendz Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2008, 02:09 PM
    I live in mass and they cannot take more than 65% of your gross pay
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2008, 07:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tawnynkids
    I believe it can be up to 65% of your disposable income (gross pay - mandatory deductions).

It's a complicated formula and none of the examples I can find go anywhere near 65% of the gross pay -

Is OP asking about child support, alimony (spousal support) or both - ?
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2008, 07:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by looseendz
    I live in mass and they cannot take more than 65% of your gross pay

Where did you find this? I find the formula - which is complicated - but nothing that mentions this percentage.
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

Jul 21, 2008, 09:51 PM
    Judy, that's probably because they don't typically take any where near that much. It would be unusual. But I believe that is the max allowed. The OP asked what the highest was.
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2008, 06:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by looseendz
    I do not know the formula or where to find the percentage but when I was not receiving my full support order I called and they said it was because they can not take more than 65% of his pay (if he does not work a full week for whatever reason)

I have no idea what your circumstances and maybe there are extenuating circumstances but Massachusetts State Law says monthly support is -

1 child - $167 plus 22% of weekly income over $750;
    2 children - $199 plus 30% of weekly income over $750;
    3 children - $222 plus 33% of weekly income over $750.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Continued child support when child quits school [ 9 Answers ]

I live in New York & this is my question... Does one have to continue paying support when the child quits school at 17? His mother will not enforce any rules on the child & will not make the child work or at least get his GED. Mother & father were never married, court ordered support payments,...

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Legal age in Indiana to stop child support for a child in college [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know when I can legally stop paying support on my step son who is going to be 22 and is still in college

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

View more questions Search