Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rca1230 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2004, 10:08 AM
    Bathroom condensation
    I am not sure what is happening in my bathroom. Please help me figure this out. After taking a warm shower we notice that there was drips of water coming from the cielings exhaust fan. Upon further inspection (removing the cover,removing the insulation from the attic where the fan is,noticing for any roof leaks) I came upon moving the venting hose attach to the unit,that there was drips coming out from the hose.This attachment is connected to alum. Pipe leading toa gable cover . There hasn't been any rain, but it has been extremely cold here for the last couble of days. Please help??
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2004, 11:36 AM
    Re: bathroom condensation
    Your question title answers it. Water vapor from the shower is condensing in the fan housing and duct work. This is a problem you need to fix, but it may not be easy. Start by carefully insulating everything. You might even replace the aluminum pipe with PVC which is naturally less conductive. Shorten the route the duct takes if you can. You may need to replace the fan with a more powerful one to push the air out faster.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Condensation pump [ 3 Answers ]

I need to install a pump for condensation for my central air unit/furnace, because there is not a drain for it to dump into. The pump would have to be strong enough to pump the water overhead and across 15 feet to dump into a sink. The condensation tube is about 3-4 feet high coming out of the...

Condensation [ 1 Answers ]

Why there is a lot of condensation on my duct in my basement is due to low air flow or too much air flow? What can I do to solve this problem?

Condensation on roof [ 3 Answers ]

I just purchased a cape style home in August from my family built by my grandfarther. Well When I had it inspected, we had mold. So I ripped off the roof and put a new one on, (no Mold). Well, last week I notice water stains on my first floor ceiling and window frames. I did some research and I...

Imprinting from condensation [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know how to get an imprint off of a drawing done in condensation on a glass tank. I know this sounds VERY strange, but u guys are use to that, right? I have a snake that draws pictures and I would like to imprint them and save them, maybe even sell them-you know-call it 'Snake Art,' or...

Bathroom condensation [ 2 Answers ]

Need help in the summer time when it is hot my bathroon ceiling and walls sweat or some sort of condensation ,the bath room shower is not being used ,there is a fan in the ceiling but it does not fit tight against the s ceiling could I be getting hot air from the attic hitting the cool air...

View more questions Search