Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hoboriss Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2008, 08:32 PM
    A name into Sanskrit
    Sanskrit transcription seems to be a common thing to ask about around here and people seem to be getting results.

I have tried to find a sanskrit writing of a name on all the places usually suggested (edit: this includes Sanskrit Dictionary for Spoken Sanskrit) but came up with nothing for:

omprakash or omprakash jai

Or also

zia - zia fareedah - or zia fareedah chouhan

I hope this isn't asking too much... any transcriptions that can be managed would be much appreciated and mean a lot to me.
    Thank you all in advance :)
    ~Riss
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 29, 2008, 08:38 PM
    I seem to have had some reasonably good success using the following site. Sanskrit Dictionary for Spoken Sanskrit I do wish that we had a designated expert here in translating words into Sanskrit. However, every once in awhile someone does show up who really knows their stuff about translating written words from other languages into the written Sanskrit. Hopefully, someone like that will come along and notice your post.

You may have to try the site above in the different ways that are available and maybe also try some things that is suggested on it in order for you to be successful.
    hoboriss Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2008, 09:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    I seem to have had some reasonably good success using the following site. Sanskrit Dictionary for Spoken Sanskrit I do wish that we had a designated expert here in translating words into Sanskrit. However, every once in awhile someone does show up who really knows their stuff about translating written words from other languages into the written Sanskrit. Hopefully, someone like that will come along and notice your post.

You may have to try the site above in the different ways that are available and maybe also try some things that is suggested on it in order for you to be successful.
    "all the places usually suggested" actually includes that place, I suppose I should have clarified that. I've seen this same answer in a few other threads and did try it, and all they had was "om." Which I am looking for the name Omprakash, not the word/phrase Om. That site seems really only to be good for words, not names as despite even breaking the names up and spelling them in a variety of ways yielded no good results. I recall it even mentioning on the site that it only really has common or often used words.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2008, 11:35 PM
    I do apologize and wish that I could help more. There is a person who comes on this site now and then who is apparently connected with the site that I referenced. Hopefully, he will come along and notice your post.

There are actually a couple of persons that really seem to know what they are doing concerning this. But, one of them seems to be much less active on this site now. Either of them seem to be coming on here every once in awhile... If they would post more often, it would be likely, that one of them would become a designated expert in this area.

That is my hope, anyway...
    drkpp Posts: 670, Reputation: 21

Jun 8, 2008, 05:08 AM
    omprakash jai = ओमप्रकाश जय

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sanskrit tat [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering what the proverb translation was for Yesterday is but a dream, tomorrow but a vision.But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness, and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well, therefore, to this day.

Dalziel in Sanskrit. [ 1 Answers ]

Could anyone help in translating my surname DALZIEL (pronounced DEE-EL) into sanskrit please?

What is sanskrit? [ 8 Answers ]

Which kind of language is it n from which region? Really I don't know

Me,myself and I in sanskrit [ 4 Answers ]

I'm thinking of making a sanskrit tattoo and I was wondering if u help me by showing me "me,myself and i" in sanskrit.thanx:)

View more questions Search