Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maria2day Posts: 94, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2008, 06:54 PM
    Where is my free space?
    Ive never really paid close attention to how much free space I have, because Ive always had plenty. I don't have any big programs, and Im am constantly doing maintenance. Deleting temp files etc. Now, all of a sudden Im down to 10% free space. Ive done disc clean up, but there isn't anything for me to clean. Only thing I can think of is maybe using system restore too many times. Or does that make a difference? Help!
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2008, 08:46 PM
    This should gain a noticeble amount of space if you have not done it already
    When you do disc clean up and you get the screen to choose which files you would like to delete, click on the More Options tab on top
    Now click the Clean up tab under system restore, and say OK

This will delete all restore points except for the last one that was made, so you dtill do have the last system restore point

Have you also delete your browser files,
    In IE, tools and click delete browsing history and choose which items you would like ot delete

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend left because she needed space. Giving her space, but how do I get her back [ 14 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 1 1/2 years broke up with me. She said that she needed space. The reasoning behind this is that she says she just felt unhappy for a while, because of some of my actions. I love her dearly, and I have been giving her the space she has requested. She says that she loves me, but...

Getting more free space [ 2 Answers ]

My neighbor asked me to get her computer running faster a month ago. When I went over there I went to disk clean up on her computer and I was only able to get her freespace percentage to fourteen (it was at five at first).To do a disk defragment fifthteen percent freespace was needed. She went...

Raising free space percentage [ 1 Answers ]

My neighbor asked me to get her computer running faster a month ago. When I went over there I went to disk clean up on her computer and I was only able to get her freespace percentage to fourteen (it was at five at first).To do a disk defragment fifthteen percent freespace was needed. She went into...

Best Free FTP space? [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone recommend the best free FTP site. I occasionally need to sen out large files, 32MB tiffs and up.

Free space around a panel [ 2 Answers ]

I'm building a new house, and just finished with the electrical inspection. Today, I get to the site, and the HVAC people have run ductwork right next the panels in the basement. http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc291/bonzai95/Panel1.jpg The panel on the right is the main panel, the one...

View more questions Search