Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TxGriff Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2008, 06:43 PM
    Alarm Error "FC"
    We had a power outage at my house and when the power came back on the alarm went crazy. It is now flashing "FC" in the keypad display and you can't arm the alarm. It is not monitored, so I have had no luck with getting it serviced. It is a Honeywell keypad. I think the error is a communication error as it is no longer monitored. Any ideas? Thanks!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 29, 2008, 06:55 PM
    It's in this document. http://www.nationalsecuritysystems.n...co/V15_20P.pdf

Search for FC

It's a telephone communications failure.
    TxGriff Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2008, 07:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid
    It's in this document. http://www.nationalsecuritysystems.n...co/V15_20P.pdf

Search for FC

It's a telephone communications failure.
    Thanks. So it says "Call for Service". If you don't have anyone to call because it's not monitored, any idea on how to fix it yourself?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 30, 2008, 10:00 AM
    You can try re-cycling power. Turn power off to the alarm for a few minutes and turn back on again.

If it has a back-up battery, you can try disconnecting it as well.

You didn't even post the model #.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 30, 2008, 07:31 PM
    It may mean "Failure to Communicate", depending on your panel. See if a Big Jack is unplugged near Alarm Panel, This is an RJ 31X, Incoming phone line goes to this, then out to house (premise)phones, If it is unplugged you will get this warning to make you aware of communication failure, Could be nothing, could be line cut(Intententional or nor),
    If you are no longer paying for Monitoring They will take you out of their system and your panel will not be able to communicate.
    Recent phone work?
    Do you own Home/ Alarm System? If so and you don't want monitoring, Someone needs to go into programming to "Dissable Communication". Then a trouble won't indicate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Elite HE 4t "F 02" and "Suds" error [ 11 Answers ]

I have an Elite He 4T frontloading washing machine, it is almost 3 years old - no more warranty! It has been giving me the F 02 error code, which is "Drain Problem". There are no items in the drain on the inside of the machine, I tookoff the hose it is clear. I stuck a wire hanger down the opening...

False "Insufficient Hard Disk Space" error when downloading Drivers [ 5 Answers ]

O/S XP-SP2 updated NOTE: Other than this specific problem, the System/OS, all Peripherals and Applications are working perfectly. I recently bought a new Logitech QuickCam Ultra Vision to replace my old QuickCam. When I went to install the drivers/Apps; the CD began to spin-up in the drive...

""fAIL"" error message [ 2 Answers ]

My dad and mom have a Windows XP administrator account, and then mine is below theres… ? Everytime I log on to my account, an error window that says “fAIL” (typed like that) pops up. Whats goin on?

External HDD Error "Insert A Disk Into Drive" [ 1 Answers ]

I have a WD HDD installed into an external case. When I plug it into a USB port, a drive letter appears in "System Hardware", and it says the driver is OK and the device is working properly. It even gives me the model number of the WD drive! Driver Agent even confirms that the driver is OK. ...

View more questions Search