Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigbootyb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2008, 02:51 PM
    Child support/ illegal immigration
    Hey it is amanda again I have an important question. What if your father was supposed to show up at court when you were 5 years old and your parent filed child support but then he never showed up because he left town afraid that immigration would get him? Now that I am 14 years old can my mom file child support on him even though he is an illegal immagrant and he works for himself(he is a mechanic) he makes his own money! My mom told me that we can't because he is illegal and that they would take money out of his checks but he does not get checks!! And one other question are illegal immigrants allowed to get licences?? If not then mabey my dad got his green card but How no I dea because I did not buy him one and he has never been married before! :confused:
    prnene Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2008, 03:15 PM
    yeah u can, just file the case, he will get a court appereace letter and he has to say like about how much he earns a month and from that he will have a monthly payment. if he does not pay, he will get jail, it dont matter if he is illegal
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 29, 2008, 03:50 PM
    She can file and she could hve filed before anyway, even if he did not show up they should have award her support. She can still take him back to court, and get a court order against him, Proving how much he makes is harder, you do that by showing what he owns in his name, what type of home he lives in and so on. After you get a court order, no you can not garnish his pay check, but if he does not pay, she keeps taking him back to court, and at some point he can end up in jail.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to convicen a 24 year old single Mom that she needs to get child support? [ 1 Answers ]

How should I handle this? My daughter 24 lives at our home, just had a baby (she is single) THe baby's father just got his 4th DUI in two years, and he lives with his parents. My daughter was going to dump him, but now that she has this 5 day old baby, she has informed me that she is in love with...

Can a 20 year old receive his own child support? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am a mother of four and have been paying child support for the past 17 years. I now have a son that lives with another family. He is 20 years old and has a full time job. I would like to know if he is able to receive the child support instead of his father. Is there any case studies for NY...

Child Support on 20 year old [ 8 Answers ]

My daughter is 20 years old, lives on her own, and has a full time job in the state of Indiana she hasn't lived at home for a year, my ex-wife is still collecting child support on her, and I have told her several times to get her taken off, I live a different state, and I've talked to a lawyer up...

No child support in year don't want ex to be involved with child. [ 3 Answers ]

My ex has not paid any child support in 1 year. I did not take him to court. I really don't want him to be involved with the child because he has uncontroled mental illness. What rights does he have? My new husband wants to adupt him well that be possible and how? Do I have any rights that well...

29 year old child support [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks For your time, My best friend was arrested yesterday over back child support payment from Michigan. We live in Florida (So he is to be extradited back to Michigan and no bail can be set) He was never married to this woman, and can't remember any occasion this may have occurred. He was...

View more questions Search