Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ea trax Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2008, 05:32 PM
    Buying Video Games
    Hello my name is ea trax I was wondering does anybody know how to buy old game consoles like nintendo 64 or super nintendo and were to buy the games from? Please help me :confused: if you could I would apperciate it :)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 29, 2008, 05:37 PM
    eBay is the place to go:

Categories within Video Games
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2008, 05:40 PM
    I agree with needkarma eBay is the way to go
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 29, 2008, 05:43 PM
    Try Ebay as they would be the only ones selling video game systems now. Also Ebay would be the only ones selling those games. They are extremely old and are not usually in good working conditions due to the newer game systems now in demand. I had a hard time buying a Sega Genesis about 2 years ago for my son and went through about 3 until I found one that worked. Also the games are hard to get a hold of also as they are usually worn to death. Keep in mind that you get problems with the older units such as readers and circuitry and parts are extremely hard to find.

May I suggest getting a used Xbox system? Not the Xbox 360 though. Just the plain old Xbox system. There are used video stores out there that carry refurbished Xbox systems that you can buy for about $100 and you buy the insurance for $10. If the unit does not work or stops working within one year of sale you can take it back and get another Xbox refurb'd. We went through several units and that $10 insurance is worth it's weight in gold not having to spend another $100 again. Also there are loads of games on Ebay and Amazon for Xbox. My son has been into video games since Mario first came out a zillion years ago. He loves role playing games and action games.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2008, 01:03 PM
    EB Games (at least the one near me) sells old games

Also services like craigslist or kijiji where you can buy from local sellers would have them too.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 5, 2008, 01:13 PM
    Also you will find some around varoius pawn shops, also you will sometimes find a few in stores that sell nothing but used games and game machines
    modular01 Posts: 129, Reputation: 36

Sep 8, 2008, 05:15 AM
    I've found great luck with checking eBay (bought a few consoles on there), craigslist, or if you live in the Chicago suburbs or surrounding Indiana area, a place called Disc Replay.

25 bucks gets you a Nintendo 64, 30 gets you an xbox, and 30 for any sega system. The one I frequent in Orland Park even has Atari 2600 games.

They are relatively easy to come across as long as you find the right places to look.

If you do go the Ebay route, check the sellers feedback before you buy one, and read all the fine print in their auction listing. I got burned once by not doing so.

If you have a Game Crazy near you, they still sell some old NES, Sega Genesis, Super NES, and Playstation 1 games. They are usually very cheap as far as the price goes.

I myself collect video game systems, so I'll check my bookmarks and post the websites that I frequent for any video game related sellers or questions.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2008, 05:26 AM
    Some game shops will have traded in old consoles and gamesthat other people have traded in for money on a different product, like gamestation
    411Help Posts: 428, Reputation: 103

Sep 9, 2008, 08:21 PM
    That should help.
    cleverhistorian Posts: 10, Reputation: -6

Nov 20, 2008, 12:51 PM

Please be aware that eBay's sellers with excellent standings can sell things that fail to work as I know this to be true. (Please remove this last sentence if that kind of thing is not allowed to be said here.)

The one important thing to remember is that some day you will have to pay to get your game stuff repaired and there would be shipping if there is not such a service in your area. It (could) get even more complicated if you are concerned about the cost and reliability of the hardware and software you are seeking. Now, the NES is not so old as I would say that it would require to be fixed. (If the NES is not original as to when it was made, then it would have been made after 1985. 1985 is when it was first sold.) Please think of about this first.

Here are other options that I think are good.
    Check around your town especially during Spring or Fall clean-up for people who are giving away, selling, or even trading their machine for something else. You never know what can be out there.

There are also on-line stores such as amazon.com. Again, there are many possibly good options-depending on the person, budget, etc.-so, knowing all of this, I would take all of the above into account so I would get the best solution as to how I'd obtain the system. I'm only looking out for your best just so you know.

About eBay: If you use eBay it will cost more to ship overseas. Some sellers sell as is. That means if in fact the item has a defect you may not take ship it back. Please repost/contact me if you are allowed if you have any more questions. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend doesn't like video games. [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, I would start by saying that yes I am an avid video gamer. I enjoy playing a number of games be it a first person shooter or maybe a role playing game. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people that sit in front of a computer/console all day and play. I just enjoy a few hours to do my...

Video Games and myspace [ 9 Answers ]

I have three sons. My question is regarding my oldest son. I want to be a better mother but I don't know how. He is a senior and has half days. His father tells me he should be working or taking up a few extra high school electives so he will have a full schedule. I say "why." He is a senior and...

How do I know how much my video games are worth [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know how much my gmaes are worth for my xbox and PC

An 80s movie about a kid who plays video games [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am looking for the name of a movie, I think it was an 80s movie about a kid who was in a competition playing video games... like game wizard or something...

Too many video games? [ 5 Answers ]

My aunt lets my cousins who are 5 and10 stay up to 10:00 at might playing video games. They have: 1 nintendo ds 1 gamecube 1 playstation2 2 tv's 2 dvd players 1 computer And 1 Game Boy

View more questions Search