Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    losingit77 Posts: 105, Reputation: 31

May 29, 2008, 03:03 PM
    I could use some happy stories
    Please, I could use some happy stories.

Broke up with my boyfriend of 4 years about 2 months ago. Been doing pretty good. But the past couple of days have just started feeling a little down. The whole "starting over" thing and everything and imagining my future differently than what I had thought it would be the past 4 years is getting a little tough. I've had a handful of long term relationships in my life, and I can honestly say, the way I felt about my last ex was much greater than any previous boyfriend.

So, anyone have any good stories to tell? Stories of you, getting your heartbroken, being sad, etc. And then you come out of it, move on with your life, and somewhere down the road meet the "new love of your life". I'm not talking rebounds. I'm talking about the day you meet that new person that made you realize "wow, this is so much better than how it was with my ex".
    srulik86 Posts: 168, Reputation: 3

May 29, 2008, 03:46 PM
    I'm only 21, but I've had my fair share of gfs. My first 'mature' relationship was when I was 19, and she was amazing. I'm an actor and she is a director and by chance we met in a club and instantly hit it off. We went out for 5 weeks and those 5 weeks we became so close and to be honest it was very much love at first site. It wasn't puppy love, like all over each other, we were just so on the same level, it was something I've enever had with anyone, a connection I never imagined existed, and then 5 weeks later she said that this boy she use dto be in love with told her that he loved her and she had to go be with him. This broke both mine and her hearts. I was cut up like mad and never imagined myself with anyone else ever again. 1 year later (and a string of girls later) I met my most recent girlfriend (who dumped me 2 weeks ago) and my god she was amazing... that connecttion I never thought id find again... I found again, in a different girl in a different way.

What I'm saying is, is that although I'm having a hard time right now I know ill meet someone else who will come to me at a time when ill have a different connetion and at that time it will feel better because its ths sort of connection and relationship I will need at that point. I'm sad, yes, but I have no worry that ill meet someone special again and I look forward 2 it.
    polska Posts: 33, Reputation: 6

May 29, 2008, 04:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by losingit77
    Please, I could use some happy stories.

Broke up with my bf of 4 years about 2 months ago. Been doing pretty good. But the past couple of days have just started feeling a little down. The whole "starting over" thing and everything and imagining my future differently than what i had thought it would be the past 4 years is getting a little tough. I've had a handful of long term relationships in my life, and I can honestly say, the way I felt about my last ex was much greater than any previous bf.

So, anyone have any good stories to tell? Stories of you, getting your heartbroken, being sad, etc. And then you come out of it, move on with your life, and somewhere down the road meet the "new love of your life". I'm not talking rebounds. I'm talking about the day you meet that new person that made you realize "wow, this is so much better than how it was with my ex".
    Just out of a relationship 8 weeks ago. Same thing. She was the one and only. Was finally doing a lot better and she broke the NC this afternoon. It's not like starting totally over but it's definitely a few steps back.
    Met a few women since. Don't think I'm quite ready to date again just yet. Focus on yourself! Try to have some fun. Do something different. If you go out looking for someone and don't find them right away, it could be painfull. In the past, I have always seemed to hook up with some one when I least expected it. I know your pain. I'm still there right now. This breakup will definitely make me stronger and I will be in an even healthier relationship next time. Give it some time! 2 weeks is not that long.
    alwaystrue Posts: 20, Reputation: 5

May 29, 2008, 04:48 PM
    My last ex was a real loser, I realize that now, who do nothing cheated on me with everyone that a mouth or a warm spot between their leg, until I got feed up. I was a real a**hole for believe he could change and for staying with him, how stupid. I left but before doing so brought him a doghouse with a flee collar and left in front of his house because he was a dog, me and my friends posted flyers of him around the area stated beware of dog, until the cops stopped us, but it was funny.

I never was the type to cry especially not over him but was mad that I spent money on the doghouse and for printing the flyers. When I'm done with someone I'm done and don't look back.

7 months later I meet the love of my life who I am married too. I loved that I have someone who not only love me but cherish me and gives me the upmost respect and glad that's he by my side. He complete me in every way possible, and glad that I meet him and not someone else,and surprisingly I meet off a chat line afte calling there jokingly because I was bored and he got my attention, we meet and the rest is history. We been married for a number of years and when we meet I had a child that he accepting as his own, currently we are going the stages of him adopting her, and we had 2 more kids together.

I hope you meet someone like my husband oneday, and you will because when your not looking your find it. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wanting stories from happy people [ 42 Answers ]

Hi all, Just wondering if there's anyone online who feels like sharing a story about anything good that's happened to them recently. Anything at all - funny, cute or just plain nice. What good things are happening in the world at the moment? Kal

Literature Stories [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all!! Im new here, anyway can some one please recommend good literature stories, cause I'm studying English and I don't want to sound stupid and don't know a thing in literature stories! Thank you

Stories from India Stories from Mexico Stories from Japan [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for children's series books with the following titles: (they are a series by the same author/publisher) Stories from India Stories from Mexico Stories from Japan Other countries also not just these three

Happy Passover, Happy Easter! [ 22 Answers ]

I just wanted to wish all my friends on the board greetings for the spring season... If you're Jewish like my family, a very Happy Pesach and Good Seder! If you're Christian, a very Happy Easter! If you have some other religious practice that I've missed, please add it here if you like,...

View more questions Search