Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Valerius Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2008, 02:53 PM
    Is being short being ugly
    Hello,

I'm a 16 year old guy - going on 17 - and am but a mere 5 feet 7 inches tall.

It is a major point of insecurity for me. I'm constantly wishing I was taller, though I know there is nothing on God's green earth that can be done about it.

I feel as though it puts me at a disadvantage for success with the opposite sex, life in general, and it is quite discouraging.

Any words of wisdom or condolences from anyone would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Nat
    Lucky1911 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2008, 02:57 PM
    Hunny, you just have to be yourself! My husband is 5'7" and he has always done well with the ladies and work. Also you don't want to be with a girl that is so shallow that she won't date you based on yor height! Also you can still grow!
    mrchef1110 Posts: 62, Reputation: 8

May 31, 2008, 08:52 PM
    Short guys can do anything tall guys can. Some girls might prefer tall guys some might prefer short you just have to put yourself out there as most don't care as long as you are fun to be around

On a side note, guys keep growing tell they are in their early twenties so you might still have some growing to do
    igman Posts: 69, Reputation: 7

Jun 6, 2008, 03:32 PM
    With all due respect Lucky and mrchef, I think I got this one (LOL). Valerius, I understand the anxiety you have... I was thinking the same things when I was your age. Wondering how my height, or lack of it, was going to effect my life. Let me tell you, the woman I married is gorgeous... not because she is my wife but she really is... she used to be a model. Will you have to adapt to certain situations in life ? Yes, but so does everybody else. I never felt like my height made me less of a man... quite the opposite... because I wasn't "average" height I knew I would have to compensate which kept my mind sharp and let me tell you most women find an intelligent mind the most attractive part of a man and will take that over height any day.
    Oh, how "tall " am I you ask : 5'5" and 37 year old
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 6, 2008, 05:23 PM
    Height has nothing to do with looks, your lack of self confidence can. You have to learn to be yourself and feel great about who you are.

And 5 7 is not short it is to the lower side of average,
    snowalps Posts: 141, Reputation: 7

Jun 18, 2008, 02:19 PM
    Great going "igman" ! I really appreciate your attitude and your sense of humor! Take care.
    igman Posts: 69, Reputation: 7

Jun 18, 2008, 03:09 PM
    Thanks snowalps... when you are my height, the only way to go is up!!
    You take care too.
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Jun 18, 2008, 04:13 PM
    “Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.” - Yoda

Haha, OK, so I know we're not Jedis and all, but Like yoda says, "Life creates it, makes it grow." In other words, life will give you paths to follow, and inturn you will grow, one way or the other. Some things you can change, others you simply can't. So learn to be comfortable and enjoy yourself. You may not be all that tall, but to most girls I know, "Size matters not!" -Yoda, it's what you do with it that counts. If you catch my drift. ;) So consentrat on yourself, and your connection to the world around you, and the rest falls into place. Man it's bin a Yoda day I tell you.

Haha, Peace brother.

Jun 18, 2008, 05:58 PM
    By the way am little more than 5.4... even I have been desperate to increase my height, even today.but you need to be confident and that's all that matters.
    chukur Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2008, 03:37 AM
    First of all can anybody judge anyone by their size? We have to live our lives with the body God has provided us. Height does not matter. What matters is your attitude, yourself confidence, your behavior. You are not d only one with short height. There are so many people with short heights. There is no need at all to feel insecure about your height. You just need 2 have a positive attitude towards yourself and others. Accept yourself as God has made you. But you can always try. By the way you are on the growing age and there are strong chances that your height can still increase. You can try on your behalf. You can do stretching exercises and pull ups for that. But in any case you mustn't get upset. Also remember that "All great people come in small packages":) .
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2008, 03:40 AM
    You are still young and may grow more. Had a boyfriend 1st two years of college he was
    5'9'' about 155 went away for 6 months saw him again close to 6 foot and 180lbs. Most boys continue growing past 17 years
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2008, 03:09 PM
    Nah Tom Cruise is 5' 7" and that isn't really all that short.

Jul 3, 2008, 10:03 PM
    Well said... good things come in small packages.. I completely agree :-)
    softbalgrl1331 Posts: 157, Reputation: 10

Jul 6, 2008, 08:33 AM
    Hey! I am insulted! You think 5 feet 7 inches is short?
    Then that makes me a dwarf at 5 feet 2 inches!
    Okay, okay I may only be 14 and a girl and all, but I am still offended!

Hehe, I'm just joking around... but really- being short isn't bad! :D
    KalFour Posts: 332, Reputation: 46

Jul 6, 2008, 09:06 AM
    Hi Nat,

I'm a girl, and about 5 foot 8 inches. Height has always been a hangup for me and I probably wouldn't date a guy shorter than me.
    BUT... the reason is that I've always felt conspicuously tall for a girl, so wouldn't want a shorter boyfriend as it would draw attention to my height. Sounds silly eh? :P

But if I met a guy I really liked, if he were a little (or even a lot) shorter than me it really wouldn't be an issue.

And besides that, you're still taller than the vast majority of girls your age. You're not actually that short. Seriously, don't worry about it.

Kal

Jul 6, 2008, 05:48 PM
    Hey softbalgrl1331! That was a response to chukur :-) nyways I myself am 5"4 :-)
    Someone motivate me too! seriously need it sometimes, 'have to agree !
    softbalgrl1331 Posts: 157, Reputation: 10

Jul 6, 2008, 07:41 PM
    Hahaha snowalps I didn't even notice!! :)
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2008, 07:44 PM
    5'7 is not short and your not even completely done growing yet.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2008, 07:45 PM
    I'm 5'8"... I don't think I'm really all that short...

... there's an eye opener...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 6, 2008, 07:57 PM
    You sound like you are at a good kissing height.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Short leg! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am 13 years old. Recently I have been noticing some difficulty walking. I feel like my left leg is longer and my right leg is shorter. Is this anything serous? Please answer as soon as possible.

Some VERY short books and short films inspired by our times [ 1 Answers ]

Some more very short books AND their accompanying movie adaptations 1) The complete Iraqi WMD photo album by Donald Rumsfeld Original title: "Don't look at me! I thought WMD's were a deli sandwich!" a great short film as well: YouTube - RUMSFELD'S BEST

A Short Novel [ 1 Answers ]

With all the elements: religion, power, sex and intrigue... "My God!" said the Queen. "I'm pregnant! I wonder who's?"

Short! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi pretty, Thanks for the reply even though I asked on skin care!! So,what think you; I'm 1.60m and I weigh 45kg. I live in an area where a little more flesh is considered more appealing, but I fear if I put on more weight I might not be carry it gracefully,since I'm short! My BMI is right for my...

View more questions Search