Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    punkin509 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2008, 10:56 AM
    Salary - Missed days deducted
    If you are being paid a salary wage and miss a 1/2 day or a full day for being sick. Can they deduct wages from your check?
    kdutoit1305 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 06:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by punkin509
    If you are being payed a salary wage and miss a 1/2 day or a full day for being sick. Can they deduct wages from your check?
    Sorry I'm not sure where you from but here in South Africa, you can be off sick one day without a doctor's note thereafter you have to supply a doctors note. If you have sick leave left they should deduct it from those days not from your salary unless you have no more sick leave days. Hope this helps.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 2, 2008, 06:49 AM
    That depends on the company's policy towards sick time. It is definitely legal for them to do so, as long as its following a consistent policy for all employees.
    1hrperson Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Jul 21, 2008, 11:33 AM
    Deductions from pay may be made when an exempt employee is
    Absent from work for one or more full days for personal reasons, other
    Than sickness or disability. Thus, if an employee is absent for two
    Full days to handle personal affairs, the employee's salaried status
    Will not be affected if deductions are made from the salary for two
    Full-day absences. However, if an exempt employee is absent for one and
    A half days for personal reasons, the employer can deduct only for the
    One full-day absence

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

WHY can't you tell you're pregnant until 5 days before missed period? [ 4 Answers ]

Someone please help! I need this answer ASAP! Why can't you tell you're pregnant until 5 days before you're missed period? I mean you get pregnant upon conception but then can't really tell until 2 or 3 weeks later. I need a medical answer. Thankyouuuuu!! :eek:

How to calculate Taxes deducted from my weekly salary? [ 8 Answers ]

I am an employee, married and have 2 sons 15&10 years old…my whole hour salary is $9, I live in New York I want to know exactly how I can calculate the taxes deducted from my salary including the new one….. with example please Regards….

8 days late, missed period [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 20 years old and my period is regularly every 28 days. I was supposed to start on April 15 and I feel as though I'm going to start. I have been bloated and crampy, I'm irritable and my back aches but still no period. I am not more nuseas than normal and my breasts aren't tender so I have no...

11 Days Late, - Tests, Never missed my period [ 5 Answers ]

So, I am already a mother of 4. I have never skipped a period unless I was pregnant. I know my body very well. Here is the situation: My period was supposed to come on 2/5/07but it still isn't here. I have taken HPT and they are all negative. I went to the clinic and they tell me it is negative. I...

Missed 3 days of birth control, unprotected! Help me! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey.. well I was on birth control for about 3 months. I had sex with my boyfriend unprotected 2 days after I stopped taking the pills. I had about a day and a half of very light bleeding and I'm afraid it means implantation.Now this all happened about a week ago. Today as of 11/17/05.. I've thrown...

View more questions Search