Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meyertj Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

May 29, 2008, 10:37 AM
    Annoyed
    How do you know if your girlfriend is using you for money or possibly saying she is pregnant so you will not break up with her? Its confussing because she hasn't spent any time with me lately yet she's always asking me what's wrong when she already knows what the problem is. I have even tried being romantic lately. She just refuses to call me or even see me. I am just about to say it. If it does turn out to be my child I will take care of it, but there's no reason to be stressed out so it..
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 29, 2008, 11:17 AM
    Is she truly busy? And you are needing more attention than she has time to provide? If she is pregnant, perhaps it's the crazy hormones. Perhaps she is confused. Sit her down and tell her she needs to explain what's going on..
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

May 29, 2008, 11:35 AM
    Do you know what "passive aggression" is? It's when someone actually acts aggressively but does it with little or not effort, seemingly passively, causing you no end of stress.

For instance, you walk into a room and greet the person there. They don't respond at all, making you feel shunned and awkward and hurt. That's passive aggression.

Repeatedly asking mundane questions is another example, like you seem to accuse her of. Asking questions that don't repeat, but are nagging and nosy and controlling and unstopping... that's another form.

The only defense against passive aggression is to spot it when it's happening. If she's putting you on the defensive all the time, especially by asking the same question, you call it out loud.

"From now on, I'm calling that question "Wombat."

When she asks the same question and again, or some disguised form of it, just say, "Wombat." (or whatever "gotcha" word you chose.)
    meyertj Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

May 29, 2008, 11:58 AM
    Yes I am a very aggressive espically when I have a lot of stress. But all this relationship is doing is causing me more stress. So what I feel needs to happen is she needs to start showing me the love that I have shown her. I am just at the point now where I don't even know what to say to her. She's not busy she just does not want to spend any time with me and its starting to make me doubt myself. I really do love her but you can't make some one love you back. So will see what happens
    squeaks77 Posts: 113, Reputation: 19
    -

May 29, 2008, 12:35 PM
    Have you ever thought she just needs some space? She's probably freaking out because she's pregnant and all you do is worry about yourself. She may not even be able to be with you at the moment if your assuming that she is lying. You may have not said that to her face, but she can read between the lines.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2008, 01:02 PM
    If you know she's not busy maybe she simply don't want to be bother and this is her way of putting you off.

If you don't believe she pregnant then ask for proof. How far along is she in her pregnancy? Ask her if you can go with her to her doctor visit? Why do you think that she using you for money or how has she?
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2008, 01:14 PM
    Disregard my last post. You stated in your other post "what do I do",today, that your was going to the doctor on Monday to be sur of the pregnancy after your had unprote sex the second day of knowing one another and she took a pregnancy test and it was positive, but your was unsur because she was taking a deprovera shot and you thought that was the reason the test came back positive.

Try to keep your post together so people can give you a clearier answer because they probulary did not read that. So what changed in less than a couple of hours? Wait until Monday to get your answer for sure. I believe you stated your was together for a month or two so again how was or did she used you for money, you didn't say that in your last post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mom is pissed about my pregnancy [ 8 Answers ]

My husband and I recently found out we are expecting our 3rd child. We have been trying for many years. The way we told our families is by using scrabble pieces and they had to spell out the words "we are having a baby". All my mom said was "oh. I guess you'd better fix you basement then." That's...

Tired and pissed [ 3 Answers ]

I have an 1983 dodge d150 I have a wire that keeps melting that is hook to the fusible link I have had the altenator check and it checks good I have replaced the voltage regulator 3 times I have a new battery the wire continues to melt the coating of then the wire breaks and when it does the truck...

View more questions Search