May 29, 2008, 07:44 AM
    Cultural identities and languges
    To what extent should cultural identies and languages be protected
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 30, 2008, 04:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by an_m_memnook
    to what extent should cultural identies and languages be protected

I think that while they should be honored and embraced, it should not be to the point of exclusion of the customs and language of the host country. Nor should it be a situation where individuals feel any entitlement to exceptions from laws or behaviors from the host country. For example, someone from the UK should not expect to be awarded any sort of exemption from what would be considered decent behavior in India. If you are going to choose to live in another country, you should be expected to learn the language, learn and follow the laws, and customary behaviors. You can do this, while maintaining the unique qualities of one's home culture.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Origin of a Cultural Trait [ 3 Answers ]

We occasionally observe in TV newscasts that when the audience applauds dignitaries (or speakers who have just finished a speech) from countries like Russia or China, the dignitarie/speakers too join in the applause by clapping their hands. There must be some idea behind this cultural trait. The...

Cultural values [ 6 Answers ]

hi, I'supposed to teach my students to talk about personal values which should guide them in life . But I'm a bit lost as I'dont how proceed.Thanks for help

Countries with most cultural monuments [ 2 Answers ]

What are the countries with the most cultural monuments?:cool:

View more questions Search