Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FsGuy Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

May 28, 2008, 10:43 PM
    A 60-80s Animated Fantasy Movie.
    Ok I know very little but I do remember the opening credits had a few Fairys flying over flowers in the nude and the main character fights like a shadow thing at the end... I was young when I saw it and my house burned down... I really wish I could find this movie.

Oh and there was a part where he (the main charactor) is going across a lake at night on a little boat and something is in the water he fights...

PLEASE HELP. I've tried so hard...

May 30, 2008, 02:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by FsGuy
    Ok I know very little but I do remember the opening credits had a few Fairys flying over flowers in the nude and the main charactor fights like a shadow thing at the end... I was young when I saw it and my house burned down... I really wish I could find this movie.

Oh and there was a part where he (the main charactor) is going across a lake at night on a little boat and something is in the water he fights....

PLEASE HELP. I've tried so hard...
    Oh come on some one please... I'm so sad :(
    madisonjay Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

May 30, 2008, 06:13 PM
    I wish I could help but it kind of sounds like peter pan and the lost boys, with a twist. I will take looking though.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2008, 06:21 PM
    Sort of sounds like FernGully: The Last Rainforest (1992)
    With the fairies and the smoke bad guy at the end, but is just after your time specifications so I'm not entirely sure

May 30, 2008, 07:00 PM
    I also remember that the shadow monster looked like his shadow to fool him at one point... if that little information would help
    madhatter69 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2008, 11:14 AM
    The only "animated" fantasy movie that I know of from the time span you designated is one that I happen to have a copy of in VHS format. It's called WIZARDS and it came out the same year as Star Wars... 1977. And coincedently, it contains the voice characterization of a main actor/character from STAR WARS.Can you name him? That's right. It's Mark Hamill. Now even though I have a copy of this, it has been some time since I have watched it entirely & so I can't confirm that the events you describe are the same that take place in WIZARDS.

May 31, 2008, 02:31 PM
    Yo, I checked out some clips of wizards and it wasn't it... LOOKED REALLY COOL though... thanks for trying... :( I want give up, I'll find this movie even if it kills me... (kinda)

Jun 5, 2008, 06:06 AM
    :(
    Stormhammer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2008, 05:24 AM
    The animated special your thinking of was called " Faeries". It aired on T.V. back in 1981. Brian Froud designed the characters. Look on you tube and spell it Faeries. It's an excellent animation about a young hunter who is brought into the Faerie world to help fight the Faerie king's shadow. At the end the young hunter fight the shadow in an old castle. Look it up on You tube under Faeries, 1981. I'm pretty sure this is the animation you are speaking of.
    kissablebubbles Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2010, 09:59 AM
    I too remember a cartoon where the guy has to fight this shadow like sprite in the end and it has really amazing music. And I remember the stupid little mischeivious laugh of the shadow thing. I had it on vhs and can't remember the name. I don't think it's FAERIES
    TjBeal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2010, 03:08 PM
    I remember watching a movie sort of like that, where an evil shadowy creature is locked behind a door and the main character opens it to see what's inside, and I remember seeing 2 red eyes, and the kid runs off but leaves the door unlocked... does that sound familiar?
    TjBeal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2010, 03:13 PM

I remember watching something like that as a kid, where the main character is forbidden to open a door that imprisons a large shadowy creature, the main character becomes curious opens the door to see what's inside and see's two large glowing red eyes, he gets scared and runs off but forgets to lock the door back, and it gets out. And the shadowy figure is huge

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1980's animated movie (fantasy) for children [ 7 Answers ]

I realize this is a sketchy description, but I am desperate to find this film! All I can recall is that it was roughly in the category as "The Dark Crystal" but it had unicorns (or perhaps just one) in a forest with fawns and/or possibly centaurs. Does anyone have a clue what I'm talking about? ...

Identify 80's sci-fi futuristic fantasy animated film! [ 3 Answers ]

I don't remember much about it. Animated, futuristic, space fantasy. The main character's a blonde girl. At one point, she gets swallowed by quicksand. Near the end, she's riding a giant "alien," a very large creature, big like a stadium, with yellow, glowing tentacles at the bottom. Very...

70's sci-fi fantasy animated [ 1 Answers ]

It was an animated sci-fi fantasy in the 70's (I think). It featured a guy who looked Native American, and a naked blue woman as his companion. There were some weird black robots killing things and they were hallow inside. I just can't remember its title.

Animated 60's-70's Sci-fi/Fantasy movie [ 2 Answers ]

I'm wondering about the title of an old animated movie from the 60's maybe early 70's, that involved an alien race keeping humans as pets... With control collars, a moon where the alien's dreams went, learning headsets for the alien children, and the like. The humans use the learning collars to...

Late 80's early 90's Fantasy Animated Film [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know the name of this film. The only image that comes to mind is, this kid goes downstairs notices the door to his kitchen is glowing. When he goes to open the door a flood of black goo consumes him and basically whisks him away to a medieval-esque world. I need to know this to keep my...

View more questions Search