Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ambay29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 07:02 PM
    Can't Pay My Credit Cards and I am being hurrassed!
    I am married and my name is on my mortgage and my car but, as a secondary. I do not work. I have several credit cards in my name and I am over the limit and my husband says he will not pay the debt. He is angry that the creditors even gave me these cards with such large credit lines knowing that I did not have any income. I have not spoken to a representitive or paid on these cards in over six months. I have had several law offices send letters stateing their representation of the creditors and a law firm call my neighbor and my mother looking for me. What are my rights and can a lien be put on my house or car since I share this things with my husband but he pays for them?

Thanks.
    Loan_Guy Posts: 83, Reputation: 6

May 29, 2008, 08:16 PM
    AMBAY,

You may not like what you see, but here goes...

Obviously having credit cards in your name and no job is an issue, but I'm sure you have a good reason. I am not here to judge you.

I'm sure your husband is ticked off about this, but you need to take action. Even though your husband pays the mortgage on the home, if both your names are on the deed and/or it is community property, the attorneys COULD get a judgment and place a lien on the home. This will have to be paid off and it may need to come from hubby's pocket, so he should be prepared. It is probably better to do that BEFORE they get a judgment.

My suggestion would be to call the card companies and ask if you can work something out. If they charge-off the debt, they are not expecting to get paid, so they may negotiate to get something.

If you can agree on something, get it in writing BEFORE you send them anything!

Hope this helps!

LG

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Knowing which credit bureau is being checked when you apply for credit/Credit Cards [ 1 Answers ]

Which credit cards use only the trans union credit report for their cc applications? this knowledge may help me save part of my universe>:D

Credit Cards [ 15 Answers ]

Hello, I am wondering, I purchased two website's over the internet by a business out of Tempe, Arizona, two Days later they called convicing me to buy advertising for these websites. Well, I did and it cost me $6,500.00 for this advertising program later to figure out they are scammers. I...

Credit cards [ 2 Answers ]

My Russian neighbors asked me a question about credit cards. They have five credit cards. 4 cards are in the husband’s name only. And one is in the wife’s name only. If the husband dies. Is the wife Responsible for the husband’s credit card debt.

Credit cards [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! My brother is having problems with his wife. Right now they are living separately in two different places. At this moment she doesn't want to come to him. He has two kids. All the credit cards which he has, he is the primary member while she is the secondary member. I advised my brother to...

View more questions Search