Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luv2bbop Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

May 28, 2008, 05:59 PM
    Contract cancellation & refund of money
    We recently put money on an item that has a 7 day clause. We decided to cancel within contract clause time however they have already cashed check. Can they do this? Should they not hold check till day after 7 day period.

How can I get back money before their 4-6 week time frame.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 28, 2008, 06:40 PM
    Yes they may cash the check. All they are rquired to do is pay the money back to you. Is there a time frame to receive you money back in the contract.

You can picket their store, report your story to the news paper. Contact a general manager in the company,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collecting Contract Money [ 2 Answers ]

I worked on a contract (computer programming) about five months ago and the business owner is not paying me. The business owner claims not to have the money. Every time I contact him, I get another excuse for not having the money. I'm just starting as an independent contractor, and I have no idea...

Can I Break my contract and not lose my money? [ 2 Answers ]

I signed a contract for a new condo in January of 07. I have still not closed. The last truth & lending I signed was for FHA @ 5.5% although I had one for another loan before that at a much higher rate. The builder let their FHA approval expire before closing and now they want to put me in...

Real Estate contract with no earnest money after it is stated, is it legal? [ 7 Answers ]

HI: I have a contract with a buyer to purchase my home and he stated in it that he would give me $20. As earnest money - he has given me none - is this a binding contract? This is a long story but my house went into a sheriff sale and I had 12 days to redeem, because I got this investor...

Cases n Statues Real Estate/Contract Law.Earnest Money [ 5 Answers ]

Help, I need to find cases and Statues on Real Estate/Contract Law.concerning Earnest Money I looked at the Law Library but didn't find much that would pertain to my need, the librarian explaining is due to not having had any previous cases like it. I was selling my property to a buyer for...

View more questions Search