Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2006, 07:59 PM
    Live aboard
    Hello:

What kind of sailboat would I buy, if I wanted to cruise the oceans with myself and a mate, in a boat that is easy to sail and comfortable to live on, and spend less than $150,000?

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 3, 2006, 10:36 AM
    I did a few online searches, and saw dozens of sail boats that could do ocean sailing. As one that gets sea sick if it is not a major yacht, I will let you sail in those yourself.

If I did not have good expeience in sailing, I would take some sailing classes first, this could give you some better insight.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2006, 10:10 PM
    I've only sailed on an 18ft skow and 22ft merit. The skow was Not NOT... for emphasis... NOT, NOT, NOT a seaworth vessel. But MAN... it was fun. I've always felt that the closer you are to the water the more fun it is.

The merit I sailed in a regattta. Was easy enough to sail and could hold 4 people up top fine. 2 people best below. Again... I'd hate to sail bad weather in that boat.

What have you sailed before?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to live with my mom [ 5 Answers ]

I need advice on what to do I am going to be 15 this year. I have lived with my mom every other week and my dad every other week for 9 years. I don't want to do this anymore but my dad won't listen to me or my mom, he doen't care and makes me go anyway. What do I do to not have to go anymore.

I can't live with mold [ 2 Answers ]

In live Maryland in Anne Arundel County. I moved into my apt last Oct, during the walk through I looked into the coat closet that sits in the corner of the townhome on the exterior wall and questioned the painted over ceiling that had the look of a previous mold stain and was told the problem had...

Live in ny;worked in nj. [ 3 Answers ]

Good Morning! I desperately need advice right now. Any insight that you can give would be greatly appreciated. In 2004, I lived the full year in NYC. I worked in NYC through 4/04, but began working in NJ at another company for the remainder of the year. Wages were about $17,000 for NYC...

Live in NYC Work in NJ [ 1 Answers ]

I was told that if you live in NYC (Brooklyn) and work in NJ you are taxed twice. I understand that you pay taxes to both states, & NY City; but overall are you taxed more than the situation if you lived and worked in NYC only based on a $30,000 salary. Also from the following situations which...

IE 6 and live update [ 4 Answers ]

I'm unable to open my IE. I keep getting a message of runtime error Program:C:\Program files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. I am an extreme novice with computers but slowly learning ( sometimes the hard way lol). I...

View more questions Search