Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lesliewilson78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 02:44 PM
    Positive hpt,but negative blood test
    I have taken four hpts and they have all come back positive,but when I went to the doctor for a blood test and it came back negative can I still be pregnant?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 28, 2008, 04:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lesliewilson78
    i have taken four hpts and they have all come back positive,but when i went to the doctor for a blood test and it came back negative can i still be pregnant?

How far apart were the tests you took at home and the blood test you had done at the doctor's? Do you know if they did a qualitative test (positive or negative) or a quantitative test (actual number of hcg level)? Did you read the home tests in the specified time limit and not any later? Taking any fertility drugs?. they can sometimes effect hpt results.

It could be, if the blood test was giving a positive or negative, it just didn't pick it up yet. It could be, if some time was between the testing, that you were pregnant, but the pregnancy did not take and that is why there was a negative result later (happens fairly often). If you looked at the tests later than the time allotted, they may have given you a false reading.
    I'd give it another few days and try another test. If still showing positive, let your doctor know and they will likely do another in the office.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this a positive or negative pregnancy test? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my name is stephanie I'm 18 years old as some of you guys already know me, but I took a pregnancy test a couple days ago in the morning and on the oval shape on the right there's a vertical line going down which means the test is working and on the circle shape on the left there's a dark line...

Positive or Negative Ovulation Test? [ 3 Answers ]

I absolutely hate ovulation tests! They can be so confusing sometimes. I think I finally got a positive ovulation test - will you look at my picture and give me your opinion. Thanks to everyone who responds! It was an Answer Ovulation Test - it said if the line is the same color or darker...

Late period, 1 negative test 1 positive test [ 6 Answers ]

Hello. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about 6 months. Previously I lost a baby at 7 months pregnant... looong story... anyway I conceived last time on Clomid. I began Clomid again last month. I am a day late, I took 1 test Sunday (2 days before missed period) it was a faint...

Negative blood test negative urine but still feel pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Hi me again I've had my bloods taken not sure what of hcg tests I think which came backnormal,but still feel butterflys in my belly nauseas,and weight gain on my lower half could I still be pregnant or am I worrying myself in TO a early grave. Jeans are quite snug and my boobs have stopped...

Positive HPT Negative Blood Test? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all - I am asking if anyone has ever experienced the following and what the outcome was. I took a HPT (e.p.t. +/-) at 11 dpo and 12 dpo and got a very clear faint positive within 30 sec. Two days later I was given a pos/neg blood test at my doctor's office and got a negative. However,...

View more questions Search