Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drteeth Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 01:47 PM
    I deleted my audio device and need it back. No other answers have helped yet.
    So I have no idea how I did this. I am not computer savy. Probably was in the wrong part of my computer trying to clear up space and deleted something. I tried to download an audio driver from gateway (thats the type of laptop I have) and after downloading and trying to install the driver it only says failure. When I open up control panel and then go into sound, speech and devices, it says I have no sound device. How do I get it back. Im DYING WITHOUT MUSIC!!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 28, 2008, 01:52 PM
    What make and model laptop do you have ?

May 28, 2008, 03:22 PM
    Gateway MX6426
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2008, 08:34 PM
    Start, settings, control panel, system, hardware tab, device mgr
    You probably have a yellow mark nest to you audio device, right click on that and choose uninstall - close all windows and restart the PC

On startup windows will install a sound driver, check your sound when windows opens up

Post back

May 29, 2008, 05:01 AM
    So there was a yellow mark. It was under "other devices" and then it was called the Multimedia Audio Control. I clicked uninstall and restarted the computer. Then a window popped up saying new hardware found and I Installed it. But at the end it said it could not be completed because it could not find the necessary software. Any ideas??
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 29, 2008, 05:03 AM
    This should be it: Gateway Support Drivers & Downloads

Jun 2, 2008, 09:22 AM
    My computer is still saying I do not have the software to finish the installation of the driver. What do I do now?
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2008, 10:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    What make and model laptop do you have ?
    Have you download the driver form the site provided above

Jun 2, 2008, 12:24 PM
    I've downloaded two different drivers from that website... one audio and one audio controller. Not sure if they are the right drivers to download. It said that they were compatible with my computer but there are so many I wasn't really sure which one to download. After it downloaded though it wouldn't complete the installation. Am I just stupid?
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2008, 02:08 PM
    After you get the download, it looks like you already have 2 - on the download page there was 2, 1 for xp and 1 for vista

Read the info on this page on how to nstall the drivers once you have them downloaded
    Gateway Support

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I lost my audio device [ 1 Answers ]

What do I need to do to get my audio device back? I don't even have it on my computer any more.

I've lost my audio device [ 3 Answers ]

I have windows vista and have somehow lost my sound. It comes up saying no audio device is installed. I don't know whether it has been accidentally deleted or what. Can anyone please help? :(

PCI mutimedia audio device [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am using compaq n160 laptop and because of problem I have to re install the operation system now I installed win98 but sound is not there so please help me in this query

My Sound Audio Device [ 1 Answers ]

I think I may have mistakenly deleted the audio device from my PC. I am running on WinXP and haven't got a clue how to reinstall my audio device. I have no sound at all and the computor is telling me that the audio device/driver is not installed when only 2 weeks ago it was working fine.

View more questions Search