Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hudsonma Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 01:00 PM
    I hate myself and body
    I hate myself... I hate every part of myself and most of the time I just want to die. I am 5"2 124 (just weighed this morning) and I hate my everything. Ive won pageants and gotten boys, but I have no confidence. I hate my body. I make myself throw up when I feel one bit guilty over what I eat and I constantly fixate over what my body looks like. I am 19 years old a sophomore at appalachian state university, deans list ,delta zeta member but I hate me. I always check my weight and always think about when I am working out next. I can never be satisfied if I have the day off. I take lexapro but it sucks. I don't understand what's wrong with me... I am sick of boys always pointing out hot girls in magazines with no or any fat on their body and saying oh she's so hot. My old boyfriend used to always talk about kate beckinsale and it makes me hate myself even more. I feel like there is no way out of this terrible feeling. When I am at the pool I just want to cover up when people tell me I have a nice body. I need help before its too late
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

May 28, 2008, 01:10 PM
    Hi honey I am sorry that you are going through this, and you shouldn't be going through it alone Your BMI (body Mass Index) is within normal range, and you fall right where you need to be with your height and weight. Your characteristics and what you describe sounds like Bulimia, Bulimia is characterized by episodes of binge-eating followed by inappropriate methods of weight control (purging). I think it is wise you talk to someone, and know that you are not alone. You can be doing a lot of damage to your body. According to your post you have a lot going for yourself. Just know that people care and would like to help you. Is there a counselor or someone you can talk to about your feelings? Who can offer you help?
    igman Posts: 69, Reputation: 7

May 28, 2008, 04:02 PM
    I totally agree with you, jolienoire. I think you are already on the right path for recognizing that you need help and, more importantly , asking for it. Please, use the phone book, or internet to find a resource to help you. If you were closer I would take you to a clinic or center myself :o)
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2008, 05:31 PM
    I think you are probably a potentially strong person; you have some achievements in your life. I would say it is time you start growing up and getting positive values in your life instead of superficial values such as looks, boys, materialism... and so forth.

There is no alternative to achieving happiness and contentment with oneself... one has to experience growth, and growth means change and pain, the pain of leaving the safe zone behind and establishing a personality based on quality values.

Best wishes going forward. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I hate myself.I hate my work but have no other option.what should I do? [ 14 Answers ]

I hate myself.I hate my work but have no other option. People near me are OK but are always either scared or are in an licking state. I hate the environment. I can't quit because I hate to learn and what I know is not good enough. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee tell me what shoul I do! anyone!

Does he hate me? [ 5 Answers ]

My son is ten and appears to be going through a stage where everything I do is wrong he a even seems to hate me.He tells me to leave the room if I start to tell him off or locks the door so he doesn't have to listen to me.I'm at my wits end and don't know the best way to react.

I hate myself [ 24 Answers ]

I decided to search the internet about how I felt using the exact phrase 'I hate myself'. I noticed that a lot of people asked questions about how do I fix it and all their problems seemed to be things like I think I'm fat and stupid and useless but I find I just hate myself. Every waking moment...

Moles (body art?) I hate it! [ 7 Answers ]

Is there for heavenshake any way to get rid of these things?! With out any doctor in need? And about these frickles //i'v heard that they go them self if it true?

Don't you hate it when... [ 13 Answers ]

Don't you hate it when you have a friend that you enjoy hanging out with, but they are so insecure about their appearance, that they rip on every girl that walks by that is somewhat attractive (even ones that aren't at all) and can't stand it when a girl even says "hi" to her husband. It makes me...

View more questions Search