Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

May 28, 2008, 09:06 AM
    Do animals really only see in black and white?
    I wonder about that because of the fact that my 6th grade teacher had a lab that went after anything that was the color of bright yellow. Also I have observed that my little dog always picks out blue objects to chew on. So is the they can only see in two colors just some guessed at theory passed off as fact or do certain colors have a smell to them or what?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 28, 2008, 05:02 PM
    I know that animals can see color. I have no idea who came up with the misconception that animals only see in black and white. I know my dog sees color. I know of horses that could see color.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2008, 05:10 PM
    I've read that nocturnal animals see primarily in black and white while animals that are active during daylight, see in some color.

It has yet to be proven just how much, or how many colors they may see, since we have yet to be able to translate any of the animal's native tongues.
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

May 28, 2008, 05:17 PM
    I don't know, but I have a dog that loves to watch TV. He sits smack in front of it and literally watches TV with us. His favorite shows are Sex and the City and the hills. He hears the opening song and comes running. He's great. He must see something, because it's not all shows that we are watching. He won't sit with us during basketball games and won't sit with us during 48 hours or colorful animated shows like sponge bob so who knows the rhyme or reason. If you find out let me know. Thanks in advance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Color TV is now black and white only [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Toshiba 55" Theaterview Television that is approx. 5-6 yrs old. Suddenly out of the blue(no pun intended) it has no color. Picture and sound quality are same, just shows black and white only. Have tried 'reset' in the menu options with no luck. Am I missing something really easy and...

Black Bra/White Tee; White Bra/White Tee [ 17 Answers ]

Do you girls usually wear a black bra with a white t-short or do u wear a white bra with a white t-short? Or yellow tee w/ a black bra? Share. I don't get it

View more questions Search