Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicki143 Posts: 187, Reputation: 22

May 28, 2008, 08:38 AM
    Marilyn Monroe Wallpaper
    Name:  096.JPG
Views: 22956
Size:  78.9 KBI have a single roll of Marilyn Monroe wallpaper bought in the 80s. I am selling it on e-bay do not really want to if I can buy any more anywhere if any one knows where I can buy some
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2008, 09:02 AM
    This is absolutely adorable. I love it! I am looking, went to six sites so far...
    Have you checked out eBay for the same? Or other lots like that?

May 28, 2008, 10:14 AM
    Serched all over the web. It was bought in about 1988 thought used to have it in my bedroom so I think the chances of buying any now are very slim
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2008, 10:19 AM
    I searched everything on eBay... I searched on Google. I wish you luck! I will keep looking when I have more time, but I do need to say one more time, it is so lovely!
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2008, 10:25 AM
    Maybe Rosies can help you search further!
    Rosie's Vintage Wallpaper Home Page
    I notice taking the Marilyn Monroe out of the search and adding Vintage wallpaper was better... check it out;)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 29, 2008, 03:38 AM
    Where did you buy it originally? It would help to know that. Might be able to track a source because of where it was marketed.

I typed in Marilyn Monroe Wallpaper and Marilyn Monroe Vintage Wallpaper in a Google image search, and I'm sure that you know that I got a godzillion image results! But, not yours, yet...

That was a clever idea of yours startover22 to add the word "vintage" to a search!

Thanks!

May 29, 2008, 02:16 PM
    It was bought in a wallpaper shop do not even think that shop exsists any more and like I say it was about 20 years ago. I have googled evrything and nothing seems to come up like it. Think it is an impossible task. Just deba\ting now whether to keep it
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2008, 02:17 PM
    I say keep it...
    You could do a craft with it or wall paper a table and cover it with a gloss or something, It sure is great!
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2008, 02:19 PM
    Give me some more time... I want to see if we can find it!;) You mind?

May 30, 2008, 12:22 AM
    Thanks startover for looking. If I cannot get any I think I will frame some and do not know with the rest
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2008, 07:37 AM
    Oh framing it sounds great too. I look for about an hour then emailed a few of the "contacts" on the sites... I wonder if they will reply. Sorry I can't help much more, I really love it, I hope if you are going to keep it that it makes you happy!;)
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2008, 07:57 AM
    I've got an idea but I don't know if the service exists!

Does anyone know if you could get more made up specially from the original design? Maybe from some sort of bespoke wallpaper company?

May 30, 2008, 09:18 AM
    You see I have had it for over 20 years there is only one roll iw ould like to use it on the wall but one day it will have to come down and then that's it it is gone for ever.
    Every now and again not that often I take it out look at it, it does bring back memories as I had it on one wall in my bedroonm as a teenager.
    But you cannot keep everything for ever as I say I do not really want to part with it. That is agreat idea trying to get some more made up though will have to try that one,
    SusieQ2009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2009, 01:07 PM
    Hello,
    Not sure if you ever solved your problem but I have a roll of MM wallpaper the same as yours. I also had it in my bedroom when I was a teenager. I found 2 rolls at a car boot sale a few years back and have used one in my downstairs loo.
    SusieQ
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2009, 02:58 AM
    I do appreciate your answer, SusieQ20091

The original question is now over a year old and the original poster hasn't returned to this thread.

This thread is now CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Marilyn and margerite and a mystery [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have been trying to figure two movies out for the longest time. The first one is about two sisters, Marilyn and Margerite, who live in Paris and fall in love with the same man. The family is well to do. The young man goes off to sea... I guess he's a sailor or something. He loves...

My monroe closed up :( [ 10 Answers ]

I had it in for over a month and the ball came off last night. I couldn't put a new one in until today. Now its closed. What should I do?

Monroe piercing [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I got my monroe about a week ago. I want to switch the one out though because now that the swelling went down it rubs my teeth a lot and is really annoying. Does anyone know what size gauge I should get and also what size shaft would you recommend? Thanks! Jas

The monroe doctrine [ 2 Answers ]

What is the message to latin america from the monroe doctrine?

Monroe doctrine [ 1 Answers ]

Under the monroe doctrine european powers were allowed to intervene in the affairs of independent countries in latin america? True or false?

View more questions Search