Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shelly92104 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 08:05 AM
    How do I file abandonment on my child's father and when can I?
    My daughter is three years old going on four. Her father has seen her maybe 40 times in this period the last time he had contact with her was over a year ago and I received one check within this year he used to pay me child support without and order but this has stopped also. I have filed for child support last sept. and have yet received it. How can I file for support and when? I live in the state of GA but I had my daughter in the state of FLA
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2008, 02:45 PM
    You could have filed as soon as the child was born and would be obligated to pay child support until the age of 18, and he could have his wages docked his he don't. The order is according to his gross pay these rules apply in GA.

Is his name on the birth certificate? If he denies paternity a DNA would have to done.

Unfortunately no court can make a parent spend time with their child, it sad for a child grow up without knowing their father, but the court can make them pay child support. Do you know where he live Also start getting all the checks ready that he gave you for child support because most likely it will get brought up in court so be prepare.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting my child's father out of the picture [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I am a teenager mother of a 7 month old baby boy! During my pregnancy, my child's father wasn't around because I got pregnant, he told me to have an abortion, and his mother told me to put the child up for adoption, they were dead against having him come into the world. So our relationship...

Child's father is homeless... now what? [ 11 Answers ]

My child's father is literally homeless and stays in a shelter downtown. There is no way he can pay child support. There is also no reason why he is living in a shelter. He does not have drug or alcohol addiction. He is not "mental" or anything that is keeping him from getting a job and living...

Child's bio father wants back in life! [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: My daughter was born almost 13 years ago. Her biological father saw her when she was 2 weeks old and then my daughter and I moved from one state to another. He knew where we went and how to contact us for anything. He chose not to. On her first birthday we got $100.00 and a car seat....

Is it possible to file abandonment against my daughters father? [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is going to be 4 in a few months and her father has been in and out of her life. The thing is I have his phone number and I know where he lives but I have tried to call him and text him and he won't return my calls or texts. I know he gets them because he tells his ex of his 3 month...

How to I file for sole custody of a child due to father abandonment? [ 1 Answers ]

My child is 1yrs old. His father and I are not married but he was at the birth and legitamized his son and gave him his name. Since the birth of our child, he has not provided any support and he rarely calls. We live in two different states and I have visited him twice for the sole purpose for...

View more questions Search