Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 28, 2008, 07:54 AM
    Stimulus check
    If I had to pay taxes but had the amount deducted electronically, whill I get a direct deposit or paper check for the stimulus refund? So far I haven't received anything!
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

May 28, 2008, 08:22 AM
    I would think a paper check, we had to pay taxes as well and haven't received anything yet.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

May 28, 2008, 11:10 AM
    You should have gotten the refund direct deposited by now.

There IS a website application that addresses the Stimulus Rebate on the IRS website.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

May 28, 2008, 09:52 PM
    If you did not provide your bank account information on your tax return, you will get by paper check.
    In the first lot only those whose return was processed by April 15, 2008 are getting the rebate.
    Go to Internal Revenue Service. Click Where is my Refund? Then click Status of my Stimulus Rebate. Or #01-866-234-2942
    free grants Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 11:00 PM
    F you don't receive your refund or your stimulus payment within 28 days from the original IRS mailing date shown on Where's My Refund, and you can start a refund trace online.

May 29, 2008, 05:57 AM
    Ok, I've gone here:
    https://sa1.www4.irs.gov/irfof/IRSer...ectLanguage=en

And entered my info and it comes back as no info available. I DID give them my bank account info so they could debit it for the payment. But I gather, since this page shows no info and my SS ends in 99, that I have to wait until July.

Jun 30, 2008, 08:05 AM
    Just to follow-up, I checked the links provided (thanks again) and my check is now shown as scheduled for mailing. So I guess the fact that I didn't get a refund this year, put my check in the mail group rather than the direct deposit group.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rebate stimulus check [ 3 Answers ]

Signed up for direct deposit. Should have received check on May 9th.(according to their schedule. Nothing yet. Anybody else with same problem? Some say you must still wait A couple of weeks?

Stimulus Check [ 14 Answers ]

Okay, has anyone received their stimulus check? I was supposed to get mine today. My fiance's social security number is after mine and he has already gotten his. I called the IRS.. that was a waste of time. And the automated system that has been set up to answer the 500 million calls told me " we...

Stimulus check [ 1 Answers ]

So I used turbo-tax and filed my taxes by Feb. 2, 2008 and used direct deposit. My last two digits of my social is 56, how come I hadn't received my stimulus check?

Stimulus Tax Rebate Check [ 4 Answers ]

We have two adult children, 19 and 21, both in college and both earned over $3000 last year. We as their parents file jointly and claim them as our dependents. My question is this: Will our children get a rebate check of $600 a piece or will we get one for each of them under the $300 dependent...

Stimulus rebate check [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between filing a 1040 tax form and a 1040a form?

View more questions Search