Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alex88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2006, 01:48 PM
    problem displaying photos
    OK, so here goes, myspace.com photos do not show up on my computer, they just show up as the little red x in the corner. Everything else loads on the page, the videos and everything, just not the peoples pix. What is wrong and how do I go about fixing it? And I haven't found anouther site that this happens. No pictures what so ever are poping up.
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Mar 2, 2006, 05:36 PM
    Im on myspace myself. This was happening to me at one time. I have about four pics on my profile only one of them had the x over it and couldn't be displayed. Then when I looked on other's profile people had random pics of their friends with x's over their pictures. When I logged on later it was fixed. In my case it sounded like the site was having some tech. difficulties. There is a help page that I believe has an answer for this question pertaining to pictures, graghics and videos not showing up. I wish I could give you an immediate answer to the problem... but if you haven't looked in the help section then I would look there... if not then you can e-mail myspace about the problem.--Good luck
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2006, 07:33 AM
    It could be a number of things. Tech problems has already been mentioned.

The picture that's not showing on MySpace, is it located on MySpace or your personal web space or is it somewhere else. Sometimes when you try to post/link to a picture that is not on your webspace, you can get a red cross or sometimes another image. This is because the host has something called "Hotlink protection". Hotlink protection makes sure that your pictures can only be displayed on a site that is specified as allowed. So unless the website has said it's OK for these pictures to be shown on Myspace, they won't appear.

A good example of this are Tripod sites. If I try to add a picture from a Tripod site by using the following code:

Code:
    [img]http://members.tripod.com/~tyratyra/img2.gif[/img ]
    It's not going to work. I'll get the "this image is hosted by Tripod" image. Which looks like this...

But if you copy and paste the link into your address bar, it's fine - http://members.tripod.com/~tyratyra/img2.gif

Hope my rambling made sense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Resizing photos. [ 3 Answers ]

I want to place some photos on eBay, but I can't as the photos are too big. How can I reduce their size? Must I buy an expensive program like Photoshop? Also, I have an install CD but my iMac (OSX 10.1.2) tells me I can't install it because it does not appear to be compressed or encoded. What...

New web site - thumb images not displaying [ 1 Answers ]

I have just uploaded new web site - www.bridalsales.ie. As can be seen on the "Sale Preview" page some of the thumb images (9 out of 24) not displaying. However, all seems OK on my local copy launched from within Frontpage. I have double checked that all .JPG's have been uploaded. Looking for any...

Displaying cd track info on burned disc [ 1 Answers ]

I use nero express and I have burned a couple of disc as an audio disc. However, once it is burned and I try to play back on my computer it doesn't show the titles of the songs. It just says track 1, track 2, etc. 1)I have the option to burn as an audio and data disc together instead of just...

Date not displaying correctly [ 1 Answers ]

OK has anyone ever experience this problem? When a record is saved in an Access database, the date is saved a 2/3/2004 (Feb.03/2004) which is correct. However, when it is displayed, using Format(RSQRY("CheckInDate"), "DD-MMM-YYYY"), it display 02-MAR-2004. Anyone ever experience this?

View more questions Search