Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    photofish Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 06:50 PM
    Company to Company non-compete contracts
    The television station I work for in Ohio was sold to another company when my company bought a competing television station in the same market. The sale took place in August 2006 with an agreement between my old company and my new company not to be able to hire from the station that they just sold. The agreement is in place for a period of 3 years until August 2009. This was never made public to the employees. I applied for a job and was hired in principle to the station now owned by my old company. The non-compete agreement was unknown to the hiring manager at the other station as well as top management at both stations. A few days later, that manager called saying she was sorry, but, she could not hire me because of the non-compete agreement between the two companies. Note that I did not sign a non-complete contract with either company. I also asked my current company to release me from this condition in the sales contract. They said no. Is it legal for company to company non-complete contracts when hiring employees? There are only 4 television stations within this local market and therefore I am very limited with my employment options.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 27, 2008, 07:25 PM
    Yes they may make that part of the sales package.

It does not restrict you from looking for work in the same area, also if for some reason you did go to work there, you would not be libel for damages the company that hired you would be.

The only thing to look into, is the fact it is TV, since they have additional FCC rules so you should contact a broadcast attoreny who would be up on the industry rules.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Company Introduction Letter (B2B) for a HR services outsourcing company [ 10 Answers ]

How can I make a good company Introduction letter (B2B), for a HR outsourcing company? Please help me out with any free samples.

Sample letter of Introduction of company to company [ 7 Answers ]

Dear Team Kindly send me Sample letter of Introducing a company to other company.

Company introduction letter for audio/home theatre solution company [ 1 Answers ]

I want to introduce myself/company to one of the top interior designer. I am an individual dealing in audio / home theatre solutions. I want to an introduction letter for my company.

Does parent company separate with subsidiaries company? [ 1 Answers ]

The rule in Salomon v Salomon was laid down at time when economic circumstances were vastly different and the principle of laissez faire ruled supreme. In the Modern day and age, parent companies should not be allowed to shelter behind wholly owned and controlled subsidiaries.Why?

Small uniform design company looking for contracts. Please help. [ 1 Answers ]

Please help, We make uniforms of any kind loking for somebody Who will be intrested. And if you know how to contact city officials for a bid. Help with advice. [email protected]

View more questions Search