Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lw270 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 03:22 PM
    Registry/Configuration Error for Windows ME
    I have a dell latitude CPI and I always get a message saying,"Windows has detected a registry/configuration error. Use SCANREG to correct this error. I have 4 choices 1. Normal, 2. Logged (/BOOTLOG.TXT), 3. Safe Mode, and 4. Step-by-Step Confirmation. I tried every single one of them and it does not work. The disk will scan then it will just freeze or finish and nothing else would happen. But when I put it on Normal, it says that Windows has found a New Device and It does not say what it is. I have no clue what to do. And my screen is Half Full and just the color grey. Help me.
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

May 28, 2008, 10:19 AM
    I would love to give you a very nice answer but it's hard, because Win Me is the very single worst OS ever made, Microsoft even stopped offering support for it.

All I can suggest is get rid of it and get WinXp Media Center Edition, the best OS ever made.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 28, 2008, 10:22 AM
    What you need to do is boot to command line mode. As you power up keep pressing F8 to get to a menu that will offer a command line. Then run SCANREG /FIX. See if that helps,

But I agree with Wendy. Junk Win Me and go with XP.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows detected a corrupted registry/configuration error... [ 5 Answers ]

So I tried to start up my computer today, as always, when I get this: "WARNING: Windows has detected a registry/configuration error. Please choose, Command Prompt Only, and run SCANREG." I try to do so... but scanreg doesn't work. I've tried it with all sorts of things: "scanreg /fix"...

Windows Registry Error - scanreg not working? [ 3 Answers ]

So... I have Windows 98, and every time I boot to the startup screen, I get a registry error. I googled it, found these instructions: These were pretty much what I got throughout my search (some steps removed but the basics were the same: Get to C prompt, use scanreg), so I decide to try...

Windows Registry error [ 3 Answers ]

Hi this is my first post and I am not very computer literate. I have been getting a lot of error messages so I decided to reinstall windows xp. This erased all my files and everything like I wanted it to. I have the internet back up and working now but I keep having a windows registry error. From...

Windows registry error [ 7 Answers ]

Hi my computer had problems with error popups and trojan popups all the time so I decided to reinstall windows and everything is fine now except I keep getting a windows registry error. I've done this one other time and the Comcast guy set up everything for me and I can't find out how to finish the...

Windows/Registry Error [ 8 Answers ]

I have gotten twice in the last month or so an error message (upon startup) to the effect: Windows had had a problem accessing the registry. It will fix the problem and restart. The only option I'm given is to click OK. Then it says it is restoring an old version of the registry. On restart, I...

View more questions Search