Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    head427 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 01:21 PM
    Engine won't turn over
    I have a 24 hp B&S intek ohv. I have checked ground, cleaned cables, starter was bought at the end of last year only used a few times. I had an auto parts store check the battery and they said it was good, but the battery is over two years old. When I turn the key it turns about a full rotation, it is like it don't have enough "tail" behind it to turn the engine over. I also replaced the solenoid, adjusted the valves. Still can't get it to spin fast enough to start. Is there a chance the battery can still be bad? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
    rodandy12 Posts: 227, Reputation: 24

May 27, 2008, 05:04 PM
    Battery cables?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2008, 06:52 PM
    Could also be a chance that the valves are still off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Engine on MTD ride on mower will not turn off [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I have a MTD Lawnflite Ride on Mower with a Briggs and Stratton 11hp engine Type 252707. Its about a 1986 model. The cutting deck has been removed and I have stripped it down as a basic tractor for use in my garden It has been working perfectly but recently I have a problem where, when...

Engine run on after switch turn off [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 98 Mitsubishi Montero and the engine continues to turn over after the ignition is turned off. Turning the key off does cut off fuel because you can hear the difference and turning the key back on does bring the engine back up to full idle. The only way I could shut it down was to...

Service Engine Light won't turn off [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 01 Nissan Sentra. My service engine light came on and a mechanic told me that it was my catalytic converter. I replaced the converter but that wasn't the problem. The light stayed on and I brought the car to a different mechanic and they told me that it was 2 of my oxygen sensors. The...

91 Civic Engine Won't Turn [ 2 Answers ]

Yesterday I was cruising around doing my thing as usual and I came home for a bit to take a break. I had a meeting to go to and when I was ready to take off the car wouldn't start. Here's the rundown so far: The car will click to high heaven but the engine won't turn. Tried to jump start the...

Briggs and Stratton 12.5hp engine won't turn [ 4 Answers ]

I have an older MTD with BS 12.5hp mower I inherited. I had to change starter when I got it and it ran fine. Last week I died on me twice (seemed to not get fuel and died). It started back up after 5 minutes without anything on my part. Today I go out and it turns over a little, then bogs down....

View more questions Search