Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2008, 01:38 AM
    Tracy,

Here we all are and here we all are to stay! Be so proud of yourself for knowing that be involved with a married man, hurts so many including you.

Never put yourself in a position to be second best. You will find someone who says the words I love you and you are beautiful, and this person will be free to say them and truly mean them.

Get yourself a little calendar and write down your thoughts on each day. Give yourself a big star each day you don't contact him. And when you are ready to tell him, that you don't want to hear from him anymore, that he is married, and you don't want his wife hurt or anyone else, give yourself three big stars.

Yes, you are thinking with your heart and your heart is so good. In your heart you never want pain and suffering to be in someone else's.

Hang tough and love yourself and I bet each day, you will get a little stronger. That's not to say, there will be days of utter sadness. On those days, pull out that journal, come here and visit us, and all of us will be right here.

You don't want someone, who is able to be with his family and sneak off to make a call to you, just to keep you on standby.

Bless you sweetheart - you are on your way!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 31, 2008, 05:05 AM
    He is telling me know that he will leave wife and live on his own for a while then we can be together
    Those are the words that all mistresses love to hear, and lets be honest, how long have you waited to hear them? His only purpose for saying it, as you know is to keep you close with false hope so you will miss him even more. He knows exactly what to say to you to give you false hope. Don't let him, stop and think of what he is doing to his wife and family, 9 whom he loves) and take it as a preview to what he eventually will do to you.
    I made no replies to this and didn't give him any indication that I will be waiting for him.
    That's good, but know the very act of talking to him will keep him in your mind and its time to stop all contact with him. Which I already know how hard that will be, but is the one thing you do for yourself that will set you free to cope and deal with your own feelings and emotions in a positive way. No contact will give you a chance to make better decisions for yourself, based on facts, and not just feelings. Its painful no doubt, but healing will let the brain work and not just your heart.
    I am thinking with my heart but am beginning to think with my head as I know I must. Please stick with me as this is very difficult
    That's one thing you can count on, our support. As you will see, with no contact, you will get your dignity and self respect back, and you will be able to love yourself, much more than you love him, and be free to be happy with yourself and life you build without him in it.
    Expert

May 31, 2008, 05:10 AM
    "Never put yourself in a position to be second best. You will find someone who says the words I love you and you are beautiful, and this person will be free to say them and truly mean them."

You deserve such a man, who is happy loving, caring, and all yours!

tracy1966 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

May 31, 2008, 08:45 AM
    Just come back onto site as having a really bad day, all my friends are away and out and have no one to talk to so your kind words are really helping me stay strong thank you so much
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2008, 08:53 AM
    Hi Tracy,

Don't be down about the time alone. Sometimes, when we really need to redirect our lives, alone time is the best time. It can give you time to truly think what you want for your future. Imagine yourself happy as can be, and what things will make you happy.

Just remember, having to hide in the shadows, hides the very best part of who you are. Don't want that for yourself.

Put the radio on, and if you have to have a good cry, go on, we all do from time to time.
    And then jazz up the music and have yourself a good dance.

Tracy, I have such great hope for you, that once you get past this difficult time, you have a great deal of happiness ahead of you. You will be such a stronger you, and no longer will allow yourself to accept anything but true happiness.

Tracy, step into the light... YOU deserve it!! Too young and wonderful to have to hide... you can be free to be you and be so happy about it.

Proud of you girl. Truly am!
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2008, 09:41 AM
    Tracy, glad you came here instead of getting in touch with him. Take your children and go for a walk, visit your parents, make some cookies drop off at your fire station, police station, or animal shelter for the often forgotten weekend workers.

Go to the local hospitial. Visit the local craft store. Buy some plants and plant them. If you don't have a yard put them in a window box or in pots. Nurture them, your kids and yourself. Take a walk a bike ride. Make pizza and watch a funny movie.

Start a patch work quilt with your children to donate to a woman's shelter or a retirement home. There are so many ways that you can give to the world and keep your mind busy with good healthy honest activities. Good Luck
    Expert

May 31, 2008, 10:25 AM
    I heard cleaning closets is like a new lease on life.
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2008, 10:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    I heard cleaning closets is like a new lease on life.
    Ahhh the cleaning closets therapy... works every time :) I have a couple crying for my attention.

Great suggestions by everyone. Also, sometimes, it helps us to put the pieces of ourselves together, when we try to help someone else, who also needs some understanding and care.

See if any of the post asking for help on the relationship thread strikes you and maybe you could help someone who shares a heartache. It does help us to feel a little better when we try and help someone else.

Here's the threads:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/

May 31, 2008, 11:22 AM
    Hi thanks again everyone, can relate to cleaning closets as have just bleached my whole entire kitchen, hands hurt a bit, but least I have been doing something constructive with my time only a few more hours then I can curl up in bed, and try to think of something to do tomorrow
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2008, 11:36 AM
    Nice candle, long hot bath, cocoa, warm milk and a good self help book... Women that love too much etc...

Jun 1, 2008, 10:23 AM
    Hello everyone again I need a bit of support, he rang I didn't answer but one of children did so I spoke to him, now he is being quite short and abupt with me as if I have done something wrong, not rude just short, sharp questions and answers, now I feel as if I have done something wrong, oh god this is so hard. I really am now in a right state as God forgive me I feel bloody guilty for some reason as if I have upset him, that is just mad I know but I do help me need some good advice from you good people
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2008, 10:38 AM
    Steady there.

It is HIM. Not you. REALLY.

You are not married. As long as you are clear and strong about your plans and reasoning you are 100% going in the right direction.

He knows this deep down.

And he should lay off the calls to your house I would imagine...

Jun 1, 2008, 10:42 AM
    Thanks for such a quick reply, couldn't get through this without your help, am now in a terrible state thinking all sorts of things, I don't want him to dislike me I really don't, but need to end this somehow I can not tell him
    Expert

Jun 1, 2008, 10:54 AM
    he is being quite short and abrupt with me as if I have done something wrong, not rude just short, sharp questions and answers, now I feel as if I have done something wrong,
    Don't let him use your confusion against you. (that may be a red flag for your future reference).
    I
    don't want him to dislike me I really don't, but need to end this somehow
    Consider your feelings ahead of his and start being unavailable, tell that to your kids when they answer the phone, or be short brief and too busy to talk very long. 30 seconds is long enough.
    rachel37 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Jun 1, 2008, 10:58 AM
    Hi Tracy,

My husband done the same thing to me with an "old" friend. I found e-mails and texts on his phone and confronted him... He admitted it. He said he's never slept with her, but I'm not so sure.. The point is, I (the wife) took it really badly, we have a four year old son and I tried ending my life - it really shook me as I really didn't expect it. It's been 2 months since I found out and it still really hurts. My mum went through the same thing with my dad and he completely broke her... I left my husband and he shacked up with this girl. Now they have broken up, because they realised it was a "mistake". They both have no idea how much they have ed my life up... I just hope you read this and realise what this does to people.

I don't judge you or hate you, everyone has their own reasons - but I just want you to try and see it from "the wifes" point of view.

I truly hope you sort this out and I wish you the best.

Rachel xxxxxxx

Jun 1, 2008, 11:00 AM
    I feel stupidly I know that I want to talk to him, so I will take your advice and make it short and to the point 30 seconds to a minute should do it, thank you all your advice is so helpful, I think I am having a moment of if he doesn't want me no one will, so feel very insecure

Jun 1, 2008, 11:06 AM
    This message is for rachel37, I do feel so sorry for you and any wife put into this situation I really do, I think of his wife and children all the time, I realise when he tells me things about his wife it is to make me feel better I am not silly or uncaring, trust me. I feel if a man wanted to leave his wife for whatever reason then they would do it and not have affairs, they are destructive to everyone involved I know that and never thought I would be part of it. Life and circumstances have led me down this path which I dislike and want to end it I really do. Please stay strong I for one admire and respect you a lot

Jun 1, 2008, 11:15 AM
    I really don't want to make you feel like , at all! I just posted this answer in hope that it'll help you get away from him! I don't blame the other woman, all men think with their s! But she did know he was married and should have put a stop to it... Neither of them achieved anything by their brief relationship and I know my ex is miserable now he has lost both of us... and also made a lot of enemies. Does his wife have any idea this is going on?

Jun 1, 2008, 11:22 AM
    Hi rachel, no wife has no idea and I don't think he would ever allow that to happen. I am trying so hard to put a stop to this honestly as I feel as you yourself has said everyone will be miserable in the end and that is not a good thing for anyone. My loneliness should never make another woman feel like you did I know that and am determined to put an end to this just need a bit of backup from people that's all

Jun 1, 2008, 11:28 AM
    Yeah, I can understand that... well, I'm here if you need me. I think you're stronger than you think ;) xx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Married relationship [ 6 Answers ]

I am married for 8 years but no kids. From the very beginning our relationship has not been so good, fights then patch up so average. We shifted abroad 2 years back, for last year my hubby has developed friendship with one of her female colleague who is married has kids but she has a bad...

Engaged to be married after almost 10 years in the relationship? [ 5 Answers ]

I've been living together with my high school sweetheart for about 9 years now, yeah a very long time. As a very young couple, we never gave ourselves a chance to test the waters out there. For the past years into our relationship we've gone through so much, and a lot of things have changed. I'm...

Being in a relationship with a very controlling married man [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together about a year and a half, when we met he was unhappily married, and even though we both knew how wrong it was to be together we really feel in love.I feel in love for the first time of my life. But the past six months we seem to have way more bad times than...

Ended my relationship w/married man [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, here it goes... a few weeks back I wrote how I got involved with a married man (who likes to live a polyamory lifestyle) and I was struggling with a way to break it off with him. In this guys case, he's married and was having a relationship with me too and hoping for me to eventually live with...

Dating a married man who's in a polyamory relationship [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I have been dating a married man but he is in an open relationship and practices " polyamory ". For those who do not know what polyamory is, its when a person or couple are interested in sharing their love with one or more people. There's more to it. Like I said, I have been dating this...

View more questions Search