Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovango Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 05:00 AM
    US Employer in A foreign Country
    Thank you in advance for responding to my 2 questions.

Currently I am living and employed by a US firm in UAE the company which is currently withholding taxes I have not worked for my employer in the states only in UAE. Does the company have to withhold taxes?

Also, the company just recently set up a joint venture with a local company (US company is the co-owner of the new joint venture) Does the joint venture have to withhold taxes?

Thanks!
    Susan
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

May 27, 2008, 09:18 AM
    Are you a U.S. citizen or resident? Then your income is subject to the U.S. taxes.

If you are a foreign person, and were not working in the U.S. then the U.S. company cannot withhold U.S. taxes in UAE.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foreign country address change [ 1 Answers ]

I need to have all mail that is going to a foreign address to be mailed to an address in the states. How do I arrange this? Is there a change of address form?:confused:

Legal Action from USA to Foreign country [ 3 Answers ]

If a USA citizen is a victim of crime in a foreign country. Can he take legal action once he's back in the states? Or are the legal fees too prohibitive for those of us who aren't rich making it best just to forget about it?

Inheritance From Foreign Country [ 1 Answers ]

Long, lost family member died in 2002 in Malaysia. I am sole surviving heir. After paying for services rendered in Malaysia for transferring the estate to me, my net gain expected to be $1.4MM. Since only $1MM is excluded from inheritance or income taxes on deaths occurring in 2002, what...

View more questions Search