Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toydajo Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2006, 11:01 PM
    Cookies
    Is there a page where I can find out who owns the cookies that keep appearing when I do scan??

Toydajo
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2006, 06:38 AM
    HI,
    When you scan; do you mean such as using Spyware scans, like AdAware?
    The "owner" of the cookies will the website the cookie is for.
    If you are referring to spyware scans, there is a free, very good, program I use that will block these from gettting into the computer in the first place.
    It's called SpyWare Blaster from
    http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbupdate.html

I do wish you the best. And, if you mean something different, please post back.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2006, 06:58 AM
    You could always open up the cookie and read it. It is simply a small text file. Some operating systems may give a warning dialog box about opening a System file but not to worry - read it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 2, 2006, 07:03 AM
    A quick look in my cookies folders shows all cookies using a name format like:

[email protected]

For example

[email protected]

So that cookie would have been set during a visit to cbs.com.

Mar 2, 2006, 07:31 PM
    Actually I use the Norton package. I was having problems so I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it then went to trend and found a file that had no info on it. And two cookies that also had no info according to trend... deleted them and now just wondering if there is a way to find their origin...
    Toydajo

Apr 2, 2006, 09:08 PM
    And if you do happen back in here, thanks for the info I forgot to check the actual www. Before letting trend delete them. But I have had them back since then and it was one of the sites I probably shouoldn't be on anyway that was dumping files into my PC. This OneCare by windows is actually giving me an option on cookies so I just block them. Thanks Again for the info...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cricket cookies [ 21 Answers ]

I have decided to start eating bugs. Here is a great recipe for cricket cookies. Try it... you will like it! Have a tooth pick handy as their hind legs do get stuck in your teeth. I am looking for recipies using worms. If anyone has any please let me know. I am looking for the recipe that uses deep...

Cleaning Cookies [ 9 Answers ]

How do u clean up all those websites that show up on the cookies in from your PC.

No password cookies? [ 8 Answers ]

For the last couple of days, I have been unable to save any password cookies. For example, every time I come to this site, I am asked to sign in, even though when I do sign in I have the "remember me" box checked off. I'm having similar problems on other sites that usually remember my...

Enabling cookies [ 1 Answers ]

How do I enable cookies for internet explorer 5

View more questions Search