Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yul1spr85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2004, 02:29 PM
    Toilet Flush
    I just installed a new bathroom in my basement. The toilet has a good flush action but just fills with water. It does not have the suction to flush a piece of tissue. The water evenutally seeps out to the correct level.

I have tried two different toliets and wax rings but still have the problem.

What can I do to resolve?

speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 9, 2004, 08:46 AM
    Re: Toilet Flush
    Sorry it took so long to reply. Your question should have been directed to the plumbing page. In my capacity as shop trouble shooter I began to run into a slew of complaints on our new construction that were just like yours. I knew they all couldn't be " bad toilets" so I went looking for the cause. I found that when installing the new bowl that the wax ring had been forced out into the discharge pipe and blocking the free flow of water. When the water hit it a backpressure was set up preventing the siphon that makes a good flush and the solids just swirled around while the water went slowly down. I had to set up meeting with our plumbers and show them the problem and how to fix it. When you set the bowl, put the wax seal down on the flat side to the closet flange. Then take your hands and bevel the wax seal outward so that when you set a bowl on it the wax is forced out instead of in blocking the flush. The customer complaints stopped and I had less work to do. Try molding the wax seal so it doesn't choke down on the flush. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet back up [ 3 Answers ]

Sometimes our toilet backs up for no real apparent reason. Not much toilet paper, etc. We flush and it will overflow. Is there a product I can flush in my toilet to eat away at residue to help the pipes? My house was built in 1957 and I don't think the plumbing has had much upgrading.

Toilet [ 1 Answers ]

The toilet will not flush like it is supposed to, it will flush out solid but not paper. What makes the toilet flush?

Handle goes down, but toilet doesn't flush [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I press the handle on the toilet, but the toilet does not flush. The screw(?) inside the tank attached to the handle appears to be rusted. Chain is intact. What do I do? Thanks much!

Toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I think one of my children flushed something down the toilet. The only things I think it can be is either a bar of soap or a wash cloth. Now you have to plunge it every time you flush. Any suggestions on what I could do myself before I call a plumber?

Toilet doesn't fill up [ 2 Answers ]

After I flush the toilet the water continues to flow into the toilet and it won't stop. After I jiggle the handle a couple of times it finally will stop. What do I need to do inside the tank to fix this? Thank you, Pat B.

View more questions Search