Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    13sldr Posts: 237, Reputation: 17

May 26, 2008, 07:59 PM
    Problems with spyware
    I downloaded a movie the other night(or at least I tried to) and I guess I downloaded a bad one because, I now have spyware. Friday night I made the mistake of believing a "windows pop up" that said I should down load this "anitspywareexpert", so I did. Then 20+ window explorers pop up and my laptop basically freaked out. So I just shut it down and called it a night the next day I called my dad who use to work with computers and told him about my problem, he told me to download spybot and it would search and kill all my spyware. So I did as he told me to and it got rid of some of it. I still have some, I still have that “anitspywareexpert”(which he told me is spyware because it doesn’t show up under my full programs list) and my laptop is still very slow and I can bearly search the web, I'm luck I even got as far as typing up this form.

Can anyone tell me what else I need to do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 26, 2008, 08:11 PM
    I think the instructions from this link will help you. We have had this issue addressed here before.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/comput...hlight=spyware

Also at the top of this page is a search within this web site. Put in spy ware and you will get a lot of previous answers to similar questions
    Ladyviper Posts: 221, Reputation: 36

May 26, 2008, 08:12 PM
    Go to filehippo.com and download ad aware or search spyware removal. They are safe, I have gotten many programs from them over the years.
    13sldr Posts: 237, Reputation: 17

May 26, 2008, 09:19 PM
    I have read that form, and I tried they rebooting my laptop in safe mode and running the scans again, I did find a lot more spyware but my laptop still isn't acting right, my icons still go away, still a really slow connection(I use wireless internet and I have great connection normaly) and I still get random but window explorer blank pop ups
    invisibleman_productions Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

May 29, 2008, 11:52 AM
    If everything fails to get the nasty spyware removed let the experts take a look at what's happening on your computer.Visit the HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum. BleepingComputer.com -> HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal or SWI Forums -> Malware Removal

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Undetected spyware problems [ 1 Answers ]

I am having problems accessing certain websites on my computer. I use Firefox as my browser but I still have the same problem on IE. I believe it is spyware that my two programs are not detecting or a Trojan that my AV is not detecting. I am running XP 64bit with all updates, Avast, SpyBot and...

Spyware [ 3 Answers ]

What is , "Common hijacker?"

PurityScan... Spyware or nor Spyware? [ 5 Answers ]

On my computer this screen popped up and it said it was ready to install Purityscan wich I had no intention of installing. Sure it might be a good program, then again it might not be for the simple fact is that somehow it or something put a reg key on my computer. Normally I would know what it's...

Autoruns - spyware question, Delete spyware with "Autoruns", back again [ 3 Answers ]

I am using "autoruns", hoping to get rid of many spyware programs. I am attempting to manually remove some of the spyware (while not connected to internet) startup files along with corresponding registry file using "autoruns" . Problem is when I restart "autoruns" the spyware files have returned. ...

Spyware [ 1 Answers ]

:-http://home.netscape.com/ R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://home.netscape.com/home/winsearch200.html R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://keyword.netscape.com/keyword/%s R1 -...

View more questions Search