Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheilat0814 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2008, 07:46 PM
    Red streak from swelling in arm
    My nephew has a red swollen and very tender area underneath his upper arm. There is no visible bite or injury to the area, but now has a red line running up the arm from the swollen area. This has been present for about five days with more swelling and redness each day. He has refused to seek medical attention and I feel he should have already done so. I would appreciate any advice you could offer. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer. Sincerely, Sheila T.
    Ladyviper Posts: 221, Reputation: 36

May 26, 2008, 08:23 PM
    Red streaking is usually an indication of a serious infection. If the problem is not take care of medically it can result in loss of the limb or death. The infection will just keep spreading into the bloodstream if not treated. Urge him to go to the hospital and get it taken care of. A week on antiobiotics and he will be fine, if you can get him to go.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Swelling behind ear [ 3 Answers ]

I recently noticed a bump behind my ear the size of a pea. There was swelling along the back of my ear and it was read. Well, I already had a doctors appointment, so I decided to ask him what he though it could be. He said that he was not sure... looks like an allergic reaction to something. He...

Tongue Swelling [ 15 Answers ]

:confused: around the top of my bar ball from when I am sleeping the ball rubs against a part of my tongue and there's like an imprint of the ball.. that normal?

Swelling [ 2 Answers ]

I have swelling and fluid build-up in my groin area is this something to worry about? I've been to doctors they don't anythings wrong. I'm hurting. Is there something else to try?

How do I get my swelling to go down [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I got in a car accident sat. night and I had to go into the er and get stitches all over the inside and outside of my mouth. My question is I am really swelled up and was wondering what I can do to get the swelling to go down other that ice, and I think my cuts are already infected what can I...

Bald Streak on Head [ 1 Answers ]

My female cat (domestic) has suddenly acquired a white bald streak on the top of her head. On the skin is extremely small red dots almost like blisters. However only 3 or 4 are on it. I doubt she is stressed because it would be too hard for her to clean up there and she doesn't go outside. Does...

View more questions Search