Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shardea dula Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2006, 07:16 PM
    Exercise and Eaten right
    Hey,
    I'm doing really great in track. Track is helping my endurance and speed. But I have question what are some ways to eat right and stay in shape while doing track.
    Mim Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2006, 03:15 PM
    Never eat fast food before a race. Eat lots of carbs the night before a meet(spaghetti and meat sauce is a good meal). Any kind of pasta is a good way to go. Stay away from fats and protein. They take too long to digest and weigh you down. Take oranges and/or bananas to the meets. Carb bars are good also. Opinion, Gatorade is better than Powerade because of different sugar content. Drink lots of water. Give up junk food as best you can. My son set high school records in track (100m,200m,400m) breaking his own record in the 100m 4 times and I kept him on a fairly good diet regimen. My youngest daughter (16) is in her second year of track and is doing fairly well. She bettered her times over last years by 1 second in the 200m and 10 seconds in the 400m. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dalmatian german shepperd has not eaten [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my name is Jeffrey Glass I have a dalmatian german shepperd and she hasn't ate in 4 days I was wondering if someone could get back to me as soon as possible I would like that either emial [email protected] Or I'm sk8tr6900 thank you jeff

Puppy has eaten cat litter [ 1 Answers ]

My sister's puppy has eaten cat litter. Is it dangerous? What should be done to aleaviate any symptoms?

14 year old Staffie, not eaten in 5 days [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm in the UK and my staffie, (a 14 year old staffordshire bull terrier weighing anout 23kg), has a heart murmur, but recently he started coughing, it turned out to be fluid in his lungs caused by the heart problem. I got some FORTEKOR, and some FRUSEMIDE from the vet, and the coughing...

View more questions Search