Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Boo23Boo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2004, 04:17 AM
    Slow dryer
    Hello,

My dryer takes twice as long as it did before to dry the clothes. I literally have to run it twice to get the clothes dry.

The dryer is an old gas dryer that came with the house. I decided it was time for a new one. So went out to sears and did just that.

Now my new drier appears to be doing the same thing.
    I checked the dryer hose/vent (it has the old type with the slinky like spirls) and it had a lot of lint in it. I cleaned some out disconnected the wall side and there was air blowing out strong and I could see light threw to the out side. This did not help. I am going to try buying a new hose/vent and see if that helps.

Is it possible my gas pressure is low or something. There is no kink I can see in the gas line comeing to the drier or anything. Any ideas on what could be causing this problem.
    Ashley Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2004, 08:12 AM
    Re: Slow dryer
    Call your gas man hopefully you don'?? t have a gas leak somewhere?? Good Luck!
    Boo23Boo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2004, 12:14 PM
    Re: Slow dryer
    Looking more and more like it is was the venting of the moist air. Too much lint was built up in the tubbing going to the outside and I think that was catching the moist air and causing my problems.

In doing a search online on proper dryer Venting I realized everything about the way we are venting is not considered optimal. I have nylon hose and an old style outside vent causing extra friction and build up. Metal flex tubing and a different outside vent appears to be needed.

Brendan

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dryer slow drying, terrible moldy smell [ 2 Answers ]

I've got an 8 year old whirlpool electric dryer that's been cantankerous for a while. It's taking a few dryer cycles to dry clothes, and it smells awful. Very bad. Like mold. I disassembled the whole thing last night and didn't find anything off - no lint blockages, the heating elements very...

Slow PC [ 3 Answers ]

Hi New to this site so hope Ive come to the correct forum! Anyway MY PC is driving me mad! It is running so slowly. I regularly run anti virus, spyware, registry clean, firewall etc. etc. I am using Windows XP, have 752MB RAM, 1.24GHz processor, 37.2GB hard drive space, of which...

AOL is starting to run very slow [ 1 Answers ]

I have verizon DSL and whenever I try to go to AOL mail. My computer takes about a minute before anything happens. I have deleted my temp int files and cookies. What else could be causing my comp. to start running so slow?

IE6 First Page Very Slow [ 2 Answers ]

OK, this has been a long battle, and I'm looking for back-up. Windows network, 2003 servers, Windows 2000 workstations, all with SP4 and IE6-sp1 installed. Every workstation has all updates available from MS. A few workstations function normally. Most are experiencing the problem stated, that...

Trying to slow down a chop saw [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to slow down a chop saw from 3800 rpm to 1800 rpm. I want to replace the cutting blade with a metal cutting blade but the rated speed on these metal blades is a lot less than the cut-off wheels I'm using. Any ideas how I can do this?

View more questions Search