Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stevem Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2006, 02:11 PM
    Basement Shower Drain
    I am going to install a shower in my basement over an existing floor drain.

What is the preferred method of connecting the shower drain to the floor drain? The drains may or may not line up. I am planning on buying one of those one-piece shower stalls from a big-box store.

Also, is there some type of device I can install in the floor drain to keep sewage from backing up into the shower in case I have a septic tank problem?

Thanks!!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 1, 2006, 03:25 PM
    Hey Steve,
    You ask,"What is the preferred method of connecting the shower drain to the floor drain? the drains may or may not line up. "
    Before I can answer your questions I have to know the exact location of the shower base drain in relation to the center of the floor drain, also the type of the drain and the material the drain is made of and will have to hook up to. Regards, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basement shower drain vent? [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a basement shower which was stubbed when the floor was poured. A P trap is in the floor about 3' from the main horizontal sanitary line which goes out to the septic. I can see no vent lines and wonder if I need to vent the shower. If I do need to vent it, the vent needs to...

Shower in Basement -drain [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing a shower enclosure that was taken out of my basement years ago. The problem is that there is no shower drain in the cement floor. The previus shower was drained to a flexible rubber tube that flowed under the shower to the floor drain in the laundry room. I purchased some rubber...

Shower drain in basement [ 8 Answers ]

I bought a one-piece Lasco shower enclosure as part of finishing the basement bathroom. The PVC drain is plumbed in and sticks up about 6" out of the floor. There is also a large diameter black corrugated "hose" around it (I guess for when they poured the concrete floor around it.) I can cut this...

Basement shower drain [ 3 Answers ]

I have a basement shower drain which is cast iron embedded in concrete. Since the top of the drain was cut off at the top of the concrete, I have been chipping away at the concrete around the drain to use an Oakley adapter which fits around the outside of the pipe. The adapter then uses a key to...

Basement concrete shower drain [ 2 Answers ]

I have completely gutted a 1950''s house basement bathroom. The shower is in the basement, the drain is embedded in the concrete basement floor. In the remodel, I intend to install ceramic tile on the floor of the shower. Ihave 3 questions. 1. Please confirm that there is no need to...

View more questions Search