Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    normrefct Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2006, 02:03 PM
    How to Clean Vents?
    Hi. We moved into a 45 year old home last summer. It has gas heat and central A/C. I doubt the vents have ever been cleaned.

Is there a method to cleaning vents that can be done by the homeowner or does it need to be cleaned by a professional?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2006, 01:29 PM
    You really need the equipment (long brushes and suction) that the professionals use for duct cleaning.

Check with Sears; I see coupons from them in the mail every week. Around here, a whole house duct cleaning runs 200-250... and if it's never been done in your home before, you'll notice and love the results.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Something to clean and fix my registry [ 10 Answers ]

I'm using windows 98se and I'm a beginner and dn't know anything about editing or fixing problems that may or may not be in my registry. I'm looking for a program that will scan my registry and fix anything that may be wrong in it. Things that are left in my registry that are not needed. Is there a...

Sewer clean out [ 1 Answers ]

We just bought an old stone farm house. The contractor and previous owner recently abondanded the septic field and connected the house waste to the city sewer system. He did this after we bought the property. I observed that the sewer clean out junction was not a "t" connection but a "u" shaped...

Auto vents [ 3 Answers ]

Tom, thanks for the info on the shower drain. Its greatly aprreciated. I am also installing a kohler wirlpool tub in my new bathroom. Question is this. The tub is going to be in middle of the room. What are your recommendations for venting the drain line? The drain line will travel appr. 11 feet...

View more questions Search