Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davejag Posts: 308, Reputation: 5

May 25, 2008, 09:23 PM
    My husband made the mistake of telling people the baby names and now they hate them.
    My husband made the mistake of telling his family and friends what we wanted to name the baby due this week. We had picked out Lena-Marie Kathleen for a girl and Ethan Victor or Ethan Noah for a boy. His family said Lena-Marie was the worst name they had heard, they hate that we want to hyphenate the name but we kind of have to. Not to mention that the girls middle name is my mother in laws name ( she passed away) and everyone is fighting over the name. How can I deal with his family and our friends because I think I am going to hurt one of them.
    spinphoto Posts: 125, Reputation: 7

May 26, 2008, 12:38 AM
    KNOCK KNOCK!
    (who's baby is it? )

It's yours.
    nicki143 Posts: 187, Reputation: 22

May 26, 2008, 01:31 AM
    Lena-Marie is a lovely name. As said it is your baby you name him/her whatever you want.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2008, 03:06 AM
    The name will grow on them. Those a very nice names. When your child enters preschool I would sharten thee girl name. Too many letters for the little one to remember. Best wishes.
    j_troubadour Posts: 66, Reputation: 4

May 26, 2008, 05:50 AM
    You and your husband should name your baby whatever you want to name him/her. Everyone else can just get over it.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2008, 06:32 AM
    This happened to a friend of mine; they named their little boy what they wanted and now, seven years later, no one can imagine him with a different name.

It's your baby, do what YOU want! :)
    unsure_hopeful Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

May 26, 2008, 01:14 PM
    You and your husband should name your baby what ever you want to... its your baby no one else's... when/ if they have children then they can name there's what ever they want... being heavly pregnant you don't need the stress.. tell them that it is your decission and that what you have decided, or as my mother says if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything atall... good luck
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

May 26, 2008, 04:22 PM
    A lot of people cringed when I told them what I was naming my son, but now they love the name. Name your baby whatever you want!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 26, 2008, 04:40 PM
    Those are beautiful names. Truly beautiful.

If they don't like the names, tell them to have their own babies and name them what they want. This is your child and your decision.

Hey, at least it isn't Fausto...
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

May 26, 2008, 04:47 PM
    I have a aunt named lena and I love it lena -marie is so cute
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 26, 2008, 04:51 PM
    Ok, it is a great name if you like it, so OK, I don't like names with
    With the hyphenate either, but again it is not my choice. The family is way out of place telling you this,

May 26, 2008, 05:50 PM
    I have told my husband if they don't approve of the way I name my child or how I want to raise my child they can stay at the door. I love the name Lena-Marie even if we didn't hyphenate it (Lenamarie it just doesn't look right) they all still wouldn't be happy. I really don't' care anymore I am just really moody lately so I might say something to offend them that's all.
    missteetee Posts: 60, Reputation: 2

Oct 28, 2008, 12:55 AM

Hi, Have you had the baby yet? What name have you chosen? Lena Marie is vey pretty.

Oct 30, 2008, 08:38 PM

Yes I had the baby in June of this year and I named her Lena-Marie Kathleen

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has she made a mistake [ 1 Answers ]

My girl friend of 4 years left me 3 months ago when wee were 2 getha none of us had much friends now her best friend is back on the scene and that's when she dumped me now my ex has a new boy friend and she has her own house so I think there going to move well I know it 2 make matters worse wee...

The biggest Mistake I have ever made [ 17 Answers ]

I found a girl on a dating site, she is from different country. We started talking and she asked me my photo. I was not serious about the friendship, so I gave fake photo to her. Days passed and we came very close to each other. I started thinking of her. Because she is the one with all qualities...

I think I made a mistake [ 4 Answers ]

Been dating this girl recently who I was really into, but due to circumstances at the time which I won't go into the situation couldn't work so I called it a day, she wasn't too happy. Things have changed and I really would like to see this girl again I just don't know how to approach her, i.e. I...

Made a big mistake [ 11 Answers ]

HI, I have a question I need to ask, well here it is. MY husband and I separated on June 30th of this year he said he need time to hisself to get his self together, when he was here he would leave everyday to play basketball he says and one morning he got up took a bath and said he was going to...

I made a mistake [ 1 Answers ]

Hi lets just say I went with the wrong person as we say we all make mistakes and now I worry about my health anybody out there can tell if I'm healthy or not please? Ty

View more questions Search