Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MRSSMITH11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 06:19 PM
    How do I wire my new honeywell thermostat replacing the old tempstar thermostat?
    I am replacing my old thermostat. The old is a TEMPSTAR, the new is a Honeywell model # RTH7500. When I use the directions I end up with one left over wire. We called the Honeywell hotline, the rep. said to wire it like this: red to R, white to O, Yellow to Y, Blue to C, Green to G, Orange to O/B. The problem lies with the white wire to O. There is no O, just O/B. So the white wire is left over. Where do I put this wire. Terminals I have left are: Aux, E, L, and RC. Also, RC and R have a jumper installed.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 25, 2008, 06:54 PM
    White to O page 10

Please make your selections on page 19,20,21.

READ the manual. If it is to difficult for you call a professional. Damage can be caused by wrong hook up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing Lennox Thermostat with Honeywell Thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Lennox T90H110A137 Thermostat with the following terminal letters and wire colors: G - blue wire F - red wire C - green wire H - yellow wire V - white wire I want to install a Honeywell RTH6300B Thermostat. According to the RTH6300B Installation guide, it tells me to ignore wire...

Honeywell T8411R thermostat to Tempstar Unit [ 1 Answers ]

I friend of mine that works with HVAC gave me a Honeywell T8411R and wired it up to my Tempstar Unit. He had difficulty getting it to work right but eventually got it... we thought. Come to find out it was only using emergency heat, not the heat pump. I spoke with another HVAC guy and he walked...

Replacing 6 wire thermostat with 5 wire thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I currently have a Magic Chef Model 34154C001 thermostat for an electrical heating and cooling system. This model has 6 wires included: W - White R - Red G - Green Y - Yellow O - Orange C - Black I purchased a Honeywell RTH230B programmable thermostat that only has 5 connections. The...

Replacing 3-wire thermostat with Honeywell RTH230B [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to replace a White Rodgers 1E35-910 thermostat with a Honeywell RTH230B. Three wires, labeled W, R, and Y were connected to terminals 4, 5, and 6, respectively on the old thermostat. I have a baseboard hot water heating system. Connecting 4&5 opens the zone valve (White Rodgers...

Replacing Janitrol Thermostat with Honeywell Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I am attempting to replace my manual Janitrol Model HPT 18-60 thermostat with a Honeywell Programmable Model CT3500 thermostat. My Heat Pump is a Trane TWR012-042C The 6 wires connected to the Janitrol thermostate are: Y, W2, G, R, O, C How do I connect these six wires to the Honeywell that...

View more questions Search