Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    madhu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2004, 06:10 AM
    Stain removal
    Hi,
    I have spilt some paint on floor and kitchen cabinets while painting on walls.Could you please suggest me how to remove those paint spots.
    Thanks
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2004, 06:24 AM
    Re: stain removal
    If the floor is carpet, it may be hopeless. Most of your interior paint is latex and will not stand up to hard scrubbing. Select an aggressive cleaner, dishwashing liquid, an ammonia based general purpose cleaner, simple green, etc. Put some on a cloth full strength and rub hard, keeping it up. If the spot is thick, try knocking it off with a plastic putty knife like they sell for dry wall mud.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help on velvet stain? [ 1 Answers ]

A stain has appeared on my newly recovered grey velvet chair. About two inches long and half an inch wide, it looks as those some pale sticky substance has stuck to and flattened the pile. I made it worse by trying to wipe with warm water. Any suggestion? Thank you.

Stain under sink [ 4 Answers ]

There is a small raised patchy area under our sink that was checked with inspection when we bought the house. Nothing was found to be leaking, and it was thought it was an old drip that was repaired, or something spilled and dried up. That area has now turned blueish green. I do use those...

How to stain wood? [ 2 Answers ]

My question is simple, I believe. What is the proper way or technique in staining on wood. I have kitchen cabinets, doors, and trim that I would like to stain. American Cherry stain is what I have, and I am putting it on pine, popular wood. I know I need foam brushes and all that LOL. I think I...

Stain removal [ 1 Answers ]

How can I remove candle wax from cloth?

View more questions Search